Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet

Paramount747

49 minutes ago, Paramount747 said:

Would love to see this in the actual colors! They had just finished a 20 story one last time I was in NYC on West 28th as I recall.

http://www.cambrianycchelsea.com/photos.htm

Same height as Nashville!

One thing that's encouraging about the NYC Cambria is that the curtain wall is actually brick top to bottom (red brick on one side and grey brick on the other).   Same is true of the new Cambria at the DC convention center, which is only 8 stories, but brick and glass.   I would like to see the Nashville Cambria use similar materials and steer far away from the ugly bland fiber panels.   I'd be just fine with that.      

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Man from that perspective it really does look like the arena is flying saucer! :-) 

What is wrapped around the mid section of the arena tower? 

37 minutes ago, bhibbs said:

I think it just decoration with Nashville advertising, if I remember correctly

I think it's a Predators banner... Says "Smashville" or something to that effect.

Oh ok. Thanks guys! Also, I really appreciate the pics. I am limited to what I can see from construction cams, New5 Skycam, and the Adventure Science Center cam.(which I wish they would pan to the left a bit).

Edited by TNinVB

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet|Demo
  • 1 month later...

"A foundation permit valued at $1.8 million has been pulled for the 260-room Cambria Suites hotel being constructed on Eighth Avenue South in SoBro. San Francisco-based Fillmore Capital Partners is the developer and has enlisted Integra Construction for the project."  From Nashville Post this morning. 

• Like 4

On 3/7/2016 at 11:41 AM, TNinVB said:

Oh ok. Thanks guys! Also, I really appreciate the pics. I am limited to what I can see from construction cams, New5 Skycam, and the Adventure Science Center cam.(which I wish they would pan to the left a bit).

I think that cam will be getting a lot better when some more Sobro construction gets started.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From today's Nashville Post:

A permit valued at $18.4 million and to allow for structural steel and framing work has been issued for the 255-room Cambria Suites hotel being constructed in SoBro. San Francisco-based Fillmore Capital Group is the developer and has enlisted Atlanta-based Integra Construction to serve as general contractor. The hotel will rise 19 stories and sit at 118 Eighth Ave. South.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...