Paramount747

Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet|Demo

69 posts in this topic

The Goodyear building has now started Asbestos abatement prior to demolition.  Asbestos warnings on the front door and all windows have been insulated. WW will have a blog post. I talked to him last night.

1 person likes this

Cool!  Beats a tire shop!

Just a question, though...isn't that a bit underutilized for that property?  That's a PRIME Square lot and I doubt an upscale motel will take the whole block. 

1 person likes this

Any rendering yet?  I've seen some interesting looking Cambria Suites around.  Hopefully we'll get a decent design that is appropriate for it's location in the middle of downtown.  If this thing comes with a drive way, parking lot, and one of those corny cliche' 'corner towers,' I will not be pleased.

1 person likes this

I have looked for a rendering and have not found one. The one that I assume would be close is the one William ran in the blog last week.

Goodyear building being demolished this morning.

Progress!

2 people like this

I thought that had been posted. Part of the building was down last week. The demo permit was pulled 10/8/15.

Edited by smeagolsfree

According to the Post, core drilling has begun at the Cambria site today.  Wonder when we will se an actual rendering?

I saw core drillers on site today, with lot fenced in. I sent info to WW for the post.

2 people like this

WW and I talked the other day. Start date could be closer than we at first thought. Looking forward to a rendering, not expecting much. Would love to see this pushed to 15 floors, but unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

The image in these links looks oddly reminiscent of the UMPH building currently being demolished. Appropriate, in a way.

2 people like this

Lets hope it starts soon, and lets hope something is built on the lot(s) next to the Lutheran church.

1 person likes this

I want the Next Door site built on before the Luthren Church lot. The Baptist church has not had any information on that lot for sometime now.

I believe Tony would still be interested in that location, and we all know he has got plans for his next project somewhere . I spoke to him briefly yesterday, but he was tight lipped and rightfully so. 

I may have misread on way past but there seems to be a for lease sign on the fencing here. 

You are correct. JLL is handling the leasing. Also, they are going to do the urban model at that location. That has Been confirmed.

2 people like this

59 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

You are correct. JLL is handling the leasing. Also, they are going to do the urban model at that location. That has Been confirmed.

Do you have an image of the urban model?

9 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Do you have an image of the urban model?

Something like this/

CityMarket-at-O-Rendering-2.jpg

2 people like this

1 hour ago, dmillsphoto said:

Something like this/

CityMarket-at-O-Rendering-2.jpg

For those upset about the loss of the Keeble designed UMPH building.....good news!

^ ^ ^  Great news on the Cambria!  It appears they added another 30 or so rooms to what was originally announced.  So glad this will be in the 19-story range.  I never really thought the 8-10 story projections made much sense considering the site is basically only a quarter of that entire block.  19 will be good massing for that area, and gives hope that there will be 30+ story structures on the NW and NE corners of Demonbreun and 8th someday, as well as something stout a block further east on Demonbreun between 7th and 6th (currently the parking lot behind First Baptist). Will these all be hotels?  Most likely not--but I could see several more 500-800 room big boys being projected, and these would be prime locales. Between the Cambria, Westin, Turnberry Marriott, The Joseph, Holiday Inn, Marriott Tri-Brand, and the dozen or so smaller boutiques and rebuilds in CDB/SoBro, this puts us at about 3,000 new rooms in the central core.  I still think there is reasonable call for another 1,500-3,000 to be able to fully accommodate the demand at the MCC, as well as the ever-growing tourist trade, sporting events, and business needs for downtown.

Looking forward to seeing a rendering soon.  : ) 

3 people like this

Core drilling has started and I called WW and SF to get a blog post on line about this.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Paramount747 said:

Core drilling has started and I called WW and SF to get a blog post on line about this.

Sorry I missed your call John.  The core drilling was done late in November or early in December. The truck was on site for about a week and WW did a blog about it.

1 person likes this