Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet

Paramount747

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

Wow I really need to make it downtown. This building is going up fast! I don't think it was even above ground last time I walked by. 

Yup. For whatever reason, they are working much longer hours than their counterparts at the nearby JW Marriott.

The Cambria will make quite an impact on that corner when its big brother (Embassy) joins it in a few years!

Edited by Vrtigo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Yes.   The Cambria south wall will eventually be obscured by the Embassy Suites tower.  

Ah!  Right.  Makes sense.  *whew*

I will go back to staring outside at the giant white parking lot structure at the SoBro. :)

Edited by TheRaglander
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

What is the parking lot to the left of the Cambria? Has there ever been anything proposed there? Even the parking lot in the foreground looks like a prime spot for development. 

There are 3-4 empty lots between Bridgestone Arena and the Frist Museum.  Hoping they all have something nice planted on them in the next few years.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

What is the parking lot to the left of the Cambria? Has there ever been anything proposed there? Even the parking lot in the foreground looks like a prime spot for development. 

That is owned by First Baptist.  Potentially rebuilding their family center/gym there (it burned down several years ago on that spot). No plans to sell at this point. The lot in the foreground is certainly getting offers.  Eventually it will be something of significance as that intersection of 8th and Demonbreun will be one of the busiest in the CBD.