Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mallguy

Chick-fil-A in Greenville: Past and Future

2 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity:

1. When did the first Chick-fil-A in Greenville open?  Do I assume correctly that the first was the one at center court in McAlister Square, and that it must have opened sometime in the 1970s?

2. If Chick-fil-A is coming to Lewis Plaza, does that mean that there's no prospect of one coming downtown again?  Too bad the downtown one had such a bad location and opened and closed right before downtown's rebirth.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity:

1. When did the first Chick-fil-A in Greenville open?  Do I assume correctly that the first was the one at center court in McAlister Square, and that it must have opened sometime in the 1970s?

2. If Chick-fil-A is coming to Lewis Plaza, does that mean that there's no prospect of one coming downtown again?  Too bad the downtown one had such a bad location and opened and closed right before downtown's rebirth.

Thanks.

The possible Chick-fil-A on Augusta is facing many issues due to the back up of traffic expected on Augusta. SCDOT won't let that happen. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mallguy
      In case others are intrigued by mall history in Greenville, I thought that this thread might be useful.
      I have a few initial questions:
      1. Why in the world did developers build Haywood and Greenville malls so close to each other and at almost the same times?  Why did they build both in particular when McAlister Square was thriving at the time and was nearby?
      I was around at the time, but I was too young to know anything other than "all of a sudden we have 2 malls next to each other."
      2. When Haywood was built, did any of the downtown department stores consider staying downtown?  Why didn't they go to Greenville Mall; was Haywood announced at around the same time, so they chose the bigger mall?
      I just remember that they all closed at the same time, and downtown was left basically abandoned.
      I'm so glad that downtown finally seems to have the upper hand, after so many years.
    • By tgvoss
      Anybody hear about what is going on in Eastown at 1444 Lake Dr. ? This is what I found on the ECA's website:

"Stenson and Morton are currently collaborating on another exciting project. Morton owns the brick building at 1444 Lake Drive where he plans to open a restaurant at the front and a music museum at the back. This building is also being extensively renovated according to green-building practices using eco-friendly materials. Plans include removing the old concrete floor and replacing it with solar-powered radiant heating tubes in a brand-new concrete floor, and a rooftop garden and solar lighting tubes."
    • By Neo
      Probably not a lot of interest, but I just saw a permit request to demolish the parking deck at Carolina Mall (this is the mall in Concord by CMC-NorthEast).

I'm curious if they have plans for expansion or if there was a structural issue that warrantied demolition. I don't frequent the mall, but I don't believe it is in disrepair according to my last visit.