Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

A couple of interesting points:

• About 25k sq of retail are shown in the plan.
  • 655 parking spaces are included.

Parking spaces are interesting, because, let's assume worst case all restaurant, only about 120 spaces would be considered for retail, which means 535 spaces for the office.  This would seem to confirm (on top of the sq ft) that this building was designed for a a lot more than 300 jobs announced for Charlotte, given it's been reported multiple times by the developer (Cousins) that Dimensional will lease 100% of the space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Parking spaces are interesting, because, let's assume worst case all restaurant, only about 120 spaces would be considered for retail, which means 535 spaces for the office.  This would seem to confirm (on top of the sq ft) that this building was designed for a a lot more than 300 jobs announced for Charlotte, given it's been reported multiple times by the developer (Cousins) that Dimensional will lease 100% of the space.

I can't believe we're still building that many parking spaces on top of the light rail line

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Maybe I'm misreading, but it sounds like your point is you think these numbers point to way more than 300 jobs, correct?

The posts down-thread from yours are focused on cars and traffic.

Just making sure I'm getting your point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jednc said:

Maybe I'm misreading, but it sounds like your point is you think these numbers point to way more than 300 jobs, correct?

The posts down-thread from yours are focused on cars and traffic.

Just making sure I'm getting your point.

Yes...my point was the implied positive news that this is being built to accommodate more jobs than initially announced.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

This new building will have great skyline views due to its height and lack of other high rises nearby except for the Arlington aka pink tower. Today and yes I think Dimensional Funds will employ way more than 300 given this building's size. 

DSCN9227.JPG

Not to mention they own a 3.5 acre parcel adjacent to the building. 

:ph34r:

On 12/29/2016 at 2:59 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not to mention they own a 3.5 acre parcel adjacent to the building. 

:ph34r:

They really didn't have a choice but to buy the land to use (for now at least) as a lay down yard.  There won't be space once construction really gets going to stage materials on site and the city would not approve a lane closure on Tryon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

I am amazed at how cheap it is to build in Charlotte

Thats not full price of building the building. This is just core/shell. Does not include upfit, finish, land purchase, grading, clearing, etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...