Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

On a side note with Spectrums upcoming mid rise office tower I don't think you will see any more stick built apartments south of the 277 loop on S Tryon now.  Land will go up in value greatly prohibiting a stick built. 

Man I can't wait for that. I don't think we are more than a handful of years from getting 15 to 25 story towers announced south of 277.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jayvee said:

It's worth noting that Dimension is spending A LOT to clean up the power lines. They will be mast arms for the lights instead of wires when this is done.

That is good however the only light on a mast that I see is a solitary one down there by Phat/Flour Child. An acorn at the corner, none other in view  but maybe three dozen wires and cables in the photo. More information about that part of the project would be helpful.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, carolinaboy said:

Nice. Thanks. I'm on the other side of the state so I don't get to Charlotte much. Love all the information you guys provide here.

Standing under DFA this weekend I was actually surprised how small it felt. Which is hilarious, because what stood there was tiny, but yea, anyways my observation.

^I agree.  It is more imposing from 277 as you pass by BofA stadium, look south and see a scattering of beautiful, new offices rising. It is not so much the stature of any individual building, but the collection of DFA, RailYard, etc. that is impressive IMO.  It is less imposing up close.

Edited by J-Rob

4 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

^I agree.  It is more imposing from 277 as you pass by BofA stadium, look south and see a scattering of beautiful, new offices rising. It is not so much the stature of any individual building, but the collection of DFA, RailYard, etc. that is impressive IMO.  It is less imposing up close.

Worth noting, I could see Railyard at certain points on the runway at CLT on Sunday. Super exciting.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CTiger said:

File this under very mildly interesting: I noticed yesterday how much darker this terracotta material gets when wet.  The building completely changes color after a rainstorm.  You can see the color of the tile when wet vs dry in the first picture pretty clearly on that left-most window.  Sorta cool.

20180801_183148.jpg

20180801_183022.jpg

I like that much better & vote to keep the structure permanently hosed down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3