Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

6 hours ago, midtownclt said:

YES THAT IS THE ONE - SEE THE THING ON TOP.

THE BUILDING LOOKS GREAT IN ALL THE PICS WHERE YOU CAN NOT SEE THIS

BUT FROM SOUTH BLVD DRIVING BY IT WAS SO PROMINENT.

Agree completely.

It looks like painted particle board IRL.

Its like a booger dangling from the prom queen's nose.

• Like 3

Easily the most interesting building being built in all of Charlotte right now. This type of architecture is what Charlotte needs to not just be another stick in the mud city as it currently looks. Lets be  honest here. Charlotte is the largest U.S. city not known for anything. Not its history, not its landscape, etc. So I feel that all of the surface  and vacant lots in and around uptown should capitalize on making really big nice parks like RB and more interesting buildings like this one, then I believe Charlotte can be a memorable city in that way. But it does take the cake for cleanest downtown(Uptown) for most people.  

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, j-man said:

Easily the most interesting building being built in all of Charlotte right now. This type of architecture is what Charlotte needs to not just be another stick in the mud city as it currently looks. Lets be  honest here. Charlotte is the largest U.S. city not known for anything. Not its history, not its landscape, etc. So I feel if all of the surface lots in and around uptown should capitalize on making really big nice parks and more interesting buildings like this one, then I believe Charlotte can be a memorable city in that way. But it does take the cake for cleanest downtown(Uptown). 

I was pondering this (Charlotte being largest US city known for nothing) - and wondering if it's just pure fantasy that the State would/could commission a Large State Run Aquarium (to compete with Georgia Aquarium) or Zoo in Charlotte?  We don't have anything like that now.  Maybe these would help Charlotte stand out

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Trickbot said:

*cough* San Jose *cough* Fort Worth *biggest cough* Columbus, Ohio *done coughing*

Ok ok. Maybe add in Jacksonville. But still. my point still stands.

10 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I was pondering this (Charlotte being largest US city known for nothing) - and wondering if it's just pure fantasy that the State would/could commission a Large State Run Aquarium (to compete with Georgia Aquarium) or Zoo in Charlotte?  We don't have anything like that now.  Maybe these would help Charlotte stand out

totally agree. And better museums. Just googling attractions in Charlotte makes me cringe. 

• Like 1