Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

13 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Are people working here yet?

Seriously, Allstate might move in sooner. This has to be the longest non-Levine construction timeline in Charlotte history.

Not yet I dont think but they might be finishing up the upfit inside.  Cousins is their landlord at 5/3 and partially owner here so they are probably really flexible. 

• Like 1

Saying nothing of the new replacements, losing the buildings on this block are on par with losing Polk. Lack of willingness, and/or creativity. One was the cultural and spiritual center of an entire community (South End), one was a testament to a bygone era of grandiose construction. Tragic on all counts.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Common Market and it's unique collection of corner parcel structures. What in the heck else?

Well that was the only thing on that block, so nothing else.  But I could not imagine any one ever considering CM the, "the cultural and spiritual center  of an entire community  (South End)."  To each his own though.

• Like 2

When it comes to old buildings, keep in mind they can't be replaced, and character can't be replicated. Is this new building less bland than other new buildings? Definitely. But much more sterile than what it replaced.

It's worth noting, too, that the actual CM building wasn't spectacular or historic. The courtyard and the other old buildings were what made that place special. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Residue Cultured said:

Retail: the employees have heard a couple of rumors, but I don't want to blow up anyone's spot, so I'll refrain from naming specific names on the rumors. It sounds like they're in no hurry to name the retail tenants, partly because they want to assess the needs of the neighborhood after delivery as well as the desires of the employee base, and partly because they want to make sure they get the retail mix right. Sounds like Dimensional has no appetite for cycling through multiple tenants and wants to get it right the first time around, with tenants that will be there for the long haul. Another contributing factor is that frankly, Dimensional doesn't need the money from retail. Three retail spaces - they want the anchor to be an upscale restaurant type of place, the second to be a neighborhood market, and the third is flexible - could be all one retail space or could be split into 4-5 smaller spaces (think clothing boutiques if split).

They are really big on the neighborhood market. They actually were in pretty advanced talks to incubate one themselves, but sadly it fell apart, practically on signing day, because some family issue. Too bad, I love when local entrepreneurs get together and do something great. I like for instance, whats going on with Eight & Sand.  

Thanks for your insight/information!

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Residue Cultured said:

9 floors, 7 of which will be finished at move-in. The top two will remain unfinished to account for future business needs.

I think they currently have around 225 folks at their space at 5/3 Center. They expect to be able to fit 550+ in Dimensional Place, with max capacity around 700, if necessary.

thanks and that is great lots of future job growth expected.  Message me if you want I will make the dozen doughnuts appear. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CLT> said:

Looks like they have a piece of art from Matthias Pliessing wrapped up and ready to be placed in the lobby. Didn't get a picture because I was driving, but some of his art here. It's steamed wood sculptural benches.

http://www.matthias-studio.com/large/2015/4/30/pinch-and-spill-ii

that is what I saw too.   It look like seating of some sort. 

• Like 2