Spartan

Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

I did my job. Sent emails to everyone!!!

"Uh... What crackhead thinks this development in its current form is positive? Other than maybe positively horrible."

Where does it say that? Or is that a joke? lol...It's true though!

Jeff Brown, a lawyer with Moore & Van Allen who is representing Cousins, says that the developer’s discussions with neighborhood stakeholders so far have been good.

“We’ve had some positive conversations with folks who have an interest in the South End area,” he says. “Obviously change is something that takes a little while for people to gravitate to, but the early indications have been positive.”

Hilarious. His email is easy to find on the web if you are so inclined to tell him otherwise. 

And what is an "neighborhood stakeholder"? The only image that comes to mind is this: 

angry-mob.jpg

Edited by Crown
  • Like 1

Also just want to echo what some others are saying on here.  I have a hard time getting on Duda Paine for this project.  It's actually attractive and if they had proposed this for even South Park, I'd be very happy with it.  It's just the worst place ever to put something like this.  This really falls more on DFA and Cousins.

• Like 1

Also just want to echo what some others are saying on here.  I have a hard time getting on Duda Paine for this project.  It's actually attractive and if they had proposed this for even South Park, I'd be very happy with it.  It's just the worst place ever to put something like this.  This really falls more on DFA and Cousins.

This 100%. I don't hate the design. I hate the design for this spot.

I like the design. Just not in South End. It is somewhat odd that DFA made much of wanting to be in the urban core, then presented a building design not in keeping with its surroundings.

Regardless, let's not run off the excellent jobs to other Carolina. This is a big win for Charlotte. This is a new regional headquarters. These 300+ jobs pay an average annual comp in excess of 100k and are squarely within Charlotte's signature industry, finance. These are Charlotte jobs, not Ft. Mill jobs. The salaries and  tax monies they will eventually generate (well, the portion that Sen. Harry Brown, R-Onslow does not siphon off down east) are an important source of funding for other things we want Charlotte to accomplish.

Welcome, DFA! Really like your building! (cough not in South End, cough):)

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods

This building is the best thing that ever happened to the AvidXchange project.  It might be time to light them up again too.

the battle for crapty growth in Charlotte rages on.

AvidXchange is much worse. It reeks of beige no matter where it's sited.

AvidXchange is much worse. It reeks of beige no matter where it's sited.

Even worse, AvidXchange is proud of their ugly ass buildings:

Capture.thumb.PNG.e6d7256cd7baf1c3b78c6a

Yes, oddly so for a tech co. I think they'll get bought, sooner rather than later. Someone will want their payments platform.

DFA might stick around for a while.

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods

What I find interesting for DFA is that Cousins indicated DFA will be the sole tenant, but 265k sq ft of space is more like 800-1000 employees.  Either the plan to sublease the space, or have much bigger growth plans.

"Charlotte Plaza"

how original. 

The name fits with their new skyscraper: Charlotte Tower :D I'm kidding. But you're righ, couldn't they come up with something more orignal? 

Anyway this project seems so boring and uninspired. Very vanilla. 

I get this error when trying to access the site plan for the project on the rezoning site...very curious. No other rezoning is having this issue

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

There is an error in their link. They spell "plan", "plann" as part of the link name....just delete the 2nd "n" and you can access the .pdf

There is an error in their link. They spell "plan", "plann" as part of the link name....just delete the 2nd "n" and you can access the .pdf

lol, wow I am an idiot....thanks

Got to talk to Gaines Brown directly tonight at the civic by design meeting. To make a long story short....change (whether big or small) is in motion. Some items he seemed open to were the shrinkage of the lobby, and street front retail. We will see what happens. The SENA is going to set up a neighborhood meeting, but Gaines wants a specific list of whats wrong, what can be better type thing to present to Duda, Cousins and DFA. 

Lets use this forum to help the SENA (KO) out in creating this list constructively.

• Like 2

Got to talk to Gaines Brown directly tonight at the civic by design meeting. To make a long story short....change (whether big or small) is in motion. Some items he seemed open to were the shrinkage of the lobby, and street front retail. We will see what happens. The SENA is going to set up a neighborhood meeting, but Gaines wants a specific list of whats wrong, what can be better type thing to present to Duda, Cousins and DFA. 

Lets use this forum to help the SENA (KO) out in creating this list constructively.

this might be a dumb question or a few post above or something, but who is Gaines Brown?