Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

Yall are way too combative for me! I said MB has more sense of place\character, whether it be cheap, bargain, or kitch. Where is the lie? & there are still no words  I could use to describe Charlotte tho I like the city....so everybody calm down.

19 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Random roadway intersection in Myrtle (which includes an established seafood restaurant):

Random roadway intersection in Charlotte (which includes some history and public art (one of my favorites in Charlotte)):

I'll take Charlotte 100% of the time over Myrtle.

Back to topic, have they announced any retail tenants for dimensional place?  Looking forward to this and railyard opening, they're my two favorite projects in Charlotte.

Yall are way too combative for me! I said MB has more sense of place\character, whether it be cheap, bargain, or kitch. Where is the lie? & there are still no words  I could use to describe Charlotte tho I like the city....so everybody calm down.

Edited by j-man

17 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Back to topic, have they announced any retail tenants for dimensional place?  Looking forward to this and railyard opening, they're my two favorite projects in Charlotte.

Not yet. Hopefully soon. I'll follow up with some contacts. They want authentic charlotte retail ONLY, we will see if they succeed. They've turned away the Starbucks, Chipotle, Newks, Pot Belly and Jimmy Johns of the world, which is not something most developers can say. 

Hey KJHb, I ask this questionoften....Do you know anyone at Duke who can give you any info on utility undergrounding, at least for Southend? Every time I see your construction updates I am totally distracted by this disgusting mish-mash of utility cables going every which way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Charlotte's character is dry, we're a bank city...  We are growing and creating more culture as we go.  That said, if you had used Charleston or Greenville as a comparison point against Charlotte, more people would've agreed with you, including me.  Using Myrtle as a comparison is a joke.

That was the point..................Myrtle Beach is a joke, and I chose to use it over the others in SC to compare to becuase that how little i think of Charlotte's character. lmao that went right over your heads huh. I said nothing but facts.  Better landscape, more memorable, and better mom and pop restaurants. If yall want to get mad at that. OK but im not changing it. I literally started with how this building in SouthEnd would be a great example of what Charlotte could capitalize on. Having interesting architecture like this so it can have more character instead of the typical skyscrappers we all see going up.  I said nothing bad about Charlotte.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not yet. Hopefully soon. I'll follow up with some contacts. They want authentic charlotte retail ONLY, we will see if they succeed. They've turned away the Starbucks, Chipotle, Newks, Pot Belly and Jimmy Johns of the world, which is not something most developers can say. 

Glad to hear they're aiming for local retail only! Brief Google didn't reveal asking rental rates, I'd imagine $30+/sf, which would likely require and established Charlotte retailer to do a #2 or new concept.

J-man, I was calling out your joke...

Hopefully they’ll look at some clothing  retailers. If we want South End to become anything near a shopping district that’s what we desperately need, and I think there is enough traffic to support it. I know I’d be willing to drive from the suburbs to a nice shopping day in South End.

Edited by Cadi40
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Glad to hear they're aiming for local retail only! Brief Google didn't reveal asking rental rates, I'd imagine $30+/sf, which would likely require and established Charlotte retailer to do a #2 or new concept.

J-man, I was calling out your joke...

I guess. I just didn't know people were that sensitive to something I never spoke upon. It was looked in too deep, and my initial point was overlooked and  I was attacked. Oh well. moving on. This building looks great. 

8 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Hopefully they’ll look at some clothing  retailers. If we want South End to become anything near a shopping district that’s what we desperately need, and I think there is enough traffic to support it. I know I’d be willing to drive from the suburbs to a nice shopping day in South End.

you know. Ive always wondered where Charlotte could possibly have a true clothing shopping district. This could be a good start.

21 minutes ago, stiluvclt said:

Hey KJHb, I ask this questionoften....Do you know anyone at Duke who can give you any info on utility undergrounding, at least for Southend? Every time I see your construction updates I am totally distracted by this disgusting mish-mash of utility cables going every which way!

This is something that is brought up a lot and frankly it is a mix of developer vs Duke. It is VERY, almost prohibitively, expensive to bury power lines mixed with Duke just being a pain in the ass...it is mostly on Duke, but this is not anything that is going to change so get used to it. Honestly, a lot of cities have it way worse than we do. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

On the flip side, Cabo Fish Taco turned them away.

It's a corporate building trying to attract local/authentic, that were successful because they were anti-corporate...not sure how that gets reconciled.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, j-man said:

you know. Ive always wondered where Charlotte could possibly have a true clothing shopping district. This could be a good start.

I'd love to see that. Personally, I think it would be pretty awesome to make Camden a pedestrian street with pavers / brick and blocked from traffic, even if can be done temporarily with removable / hidden bollards.  Host food trucks along the street and other pop up markets, etc.  All but one parcel along Camden has access from other roadways, its not impossible.

• Like 3

This is something that is brought up a lot and frankly it is a mix of developer vs Duke. It is VERY, almost prohibitively, expensive to bury power lines mixed with Duke just being a pain in the ass...it is mostly on Duke, but this is not anything that is going to change so get used to it. Honestly, a lot of cities have it way worse than we do. 

Judging oneself against the worst has never been a good look.
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 4:53 PM, JorgiPorgi said:

I thiNk I lost a few brain cells reading through this. Myrtle beach? Really?! Noda by itself has more character.  Let alone plaza Midwood, Dilworth, and the up and coming Southend. Yes uptown is sterile, but to discredit all the neighborhoods in Charlotte is a JOKE and troll-like. 

I normally wouldn’t reply to something so off topic or delusional but I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t. Sorry. 

once again yall are looking too deep into what I initially said. I didnt discredit those neighborhoods nor Charlotte as a whole, i said. I literally said buildings like the topic were are discussing under can be the thing for Charlotte to give it more character.....And tbh. Those neighborhoods don't have that much character other than having older buildings that are just brown brick, but ok have your little argument with yourself. 

1 hour ago, dylansukkert said:

Threefer, got the Rail Yard too! Is Flower Child still moving in across the street? They have a great patio area right there with what looks like a  little parklet area too. 

yea can someone get a shot of that? would love to see it.