Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

2 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

Flower Child from Sunday... the renovation and outside spaces are really coming together  nicely.

2B24D78A-D925-4414-A68C-E153855FB732.thumb.jpeg.e33c3ae2e959d849484079a46e40cb35.jpeg

Hard to believe that was parking and a dumpster not long ago. What a positive transformation. I'm happy. Fat Burrito really had gone down in quality over the years, and I love that they have kept signage and kept it authentic looking.

image.thumb.png.f55ef5e660be8f9023febfa0ad7bc303.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Fat Burrito really had gone down in quality over the years, and I love that they have kept signage and kept it authentic looking.

RDF, so do you know if they are planning on painting the yellow stone/brick, or are they keeping it as is?  I never saw any kind of renderings for this project, but I always assumed they would strip or paint over the yellow.  It seems like they would have painted it before putting in windows though.  I hope they keep the funky look.  It is beautifully hideous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CTiger said:

RDF, so do you know if they are planning on painting the yellow stone/brick, or are they keeping it as is?  I never saw any kind of renderings for this project, but I always assumed they would strip or paint over the yellow.  It seems like they would have painted it before putting in windows though.  I hope they keep the funky look.  It is beautifully hideous.

Theres renderings out there, but they don't really reflect what has been built thus far. I've asked about the yellow. Will let you know if I get a response.

image.png.fc199d8094011df6448d0bd6dfa75c33.png

The answer I got was that the yellow and eat here do not really tie into the brand's aesthetic, but that in the end its up to Flower Child how it looks, and my contact didn't have an answer. Personally I think that Flowerchild does a pretty good job incorporating public art and bright colors into their aesthetic, so its 50/50 whether or not it stays.

10 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Would an Airstream trailer be a separate business or part of Flower Child?

These renderings were created PRE Flower Child, from what I understand, so it would be at the sole discretion of Flower Child as to whether a Airstream was placed there or not. These renderings were created to show potential, to show a vibe, to sell the space, not to be an accurate depiction of what was to come. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

These renderings were created PRE Flower Child, from what I understand, so it would be at the sole discretion of Flower Child as to whether a Airstream was placed there or not. These renderings were created to show potential, to show a vibe, to sell the space, not to be an accurate depiction of what was to come. 

Ah thank you! Makes complete sense. 

1 minute ago, CLT2014 said:

Ah thank you! Makes complete sense. 

I'm definitely excited though, that slab there makes it look like theres room for probably 50 seats.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Theres renderings out there, but they don't really reflect what has been built thus far. I've asked about the yellow. Will let you know if I get a response.

image.png.fc199d8094011df6448d0bd6dfa75c33.png

That looks glorious!  Now what would really take this to the next level is if that block of Camden Road were made pedestrian only -- thus further linking it to the Rail Trail (though this new plaza will help do that) -- with that asphalt replaced with pavers or cobblestones (as long as they wouldn't cause people to trip).  I'm assuming, of course, that the parking garages for the Rail Yard and Dimensional Fund will not require access from Camden.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

A few shots from walking around the other day. No bonus shots of the Holiday Inn but you do get bonus shots of the building that (I think) will hold Design Within Reach. Would have made an amazing restaurant space but such is life.1815DA1C-6454-48BB-B5A8-9C085A821328.thumb.jpeg.a7c8874e09efa19d83c240285a2e20ba.jpeg

That dark glass at the bottom looks really good. 

• Like 4