Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

27 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

To continue our food discussion over from the Design Center thread.

We now have our battle of millennial chain favorite Shake Shack competing head-head with young plucky local upstart, fighting out of Fort Mill, SC, Blacow Burgers!

In summary, Dimensional has its first (and true to word) local tenant.

Any word on which spot they are taking in the building? 

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

To continue our food discussion over from the Design Center thread.

We now have our battle of millennial chain favorite Shake Shack competing head-head with young plucky local upstart, fighting out of Fort Mill, SC, Blacow Burgers!

In summary, Dimensional has its first (and true to word) local tenant.

Never had Blacow, but definitely not a fan of their name or logo  :tw_lol:

5 minutes ago, sclark said:

Never had Blacow, but definitely not a fan of their name or logo  :tw_lol:

At least people stop complaining about the racist statues in front of Hot Taco. This is WAY more likely to be offensive.

12 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

At least people stop complaining about the racist statues in front of Hot Taco. This is WAY more likely to be offensive.

well that was a spit-take I wasn't expecting today. 

given that "origin of our name" is the first thing on their website, I think they definitely know they have a marketing problem. A problem easily fixed, I think, by make their cow logo black and not blackface.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

given that "origin of our name" is the first thing on their website, I think they definitely know they have a marketing problem. A problem easily fixed, I think, by make their cow logo black and not blackface.

I hope their owner is either African American, or one of the Chick Fil A Cows, but then I guess they'd be Cannibal Cows. Which sounds like an awesome Death Metal name.

33 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

delete

Edited by Jayvee

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, The ATX said:

I strongly suspect that there might be some Charlotte bias in that comment.  :)

No.  I’ll candidly admit that Austin is a better city, but Charlotte is much cheaper and provides a better quality of life (e..g., much less traffic).  That’s why I think that Austinites might prefer the QC.

Things I like about this building:

• The mirrored curtain walls looks nice at sunset, but so does every other glass building in town.
  • Never heard of the burger place, but I'm interested to see what other retail opens up there.
  • The top level is cool, so thanks for sharing those pics since I'll never be allowed inside.
  • The wide sidewalks they were forced to install are fantastic.

Things I don't like about this building:

• I'm still not a huge fan of this building because of the ground level design. It's better than before, but we should have higher standards than that. Maybe when it's fully leased there will be enough street activity on that end to make it blend in.
  • Having "public" art that is only accessible inside is a joke.
  • The suburban monument sign is so dumb.
  • Not having a large, visible retail spot on the corner was a huge mistake. They would have been fine with a smaller lobby.

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Things I like about this building:

• The mirrored curtain walls looks nice at sunset, but so does every other glass building in town.
  • Never heard of the burger place, but I'm interested to see what other retail opens up there.
  • The top level is cool, so thanks for sharing those pics since I'll never be allowed inside.
  • The wide sidewalks they were forced to install are fantastic.

Things I don't like about this building:

• I'm still not a huge fan of this building because of the ground level design. It's better than before, but we should have higher standards than that. Maybe when it's fully leased there will be enough street activity on that end to make it blend in.
  • Having "public" art that is only accessible inside is a joke.
  • The suburban monument sign is so dumb.
  • Not having a large, visible retail spot on the corner was a huge mistake. They would have been fine with a smaller lobby.

The spaces building out will definitely help out in this building's favor. 

Overall I agree with all your opinions. 

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Mgelbach said:

I know it wouldn't be glamorous at all, but part of me would love a 711 corner store to take one of those spaces. I live across the street and not having to go to the CVS on south blvd for small things would be great.

1,000,000% agree.  Its so annoying living in this neighborhood and having to venture so far to get simple things.   We need a 7-11 or something similar to serve that need for residents.  I was hopeful that Max and Lola's would have some convenience store-esque items, but its just CBD and wine.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

QT has a great format urban store in Atlanta's midtown.  It would work great uptown or in South end.  It has no gas of course all great coffee etc

I would absolutely be up for that! Anything to not go over to CVS where they're constantly out of coffee creamer, or their milk is on the last day before expiration, or they lock their body wash behind a lock-box that only managers can open.

9 minutes ago, CTiger said:

I've got no idea what kind of state this building is in on the inside, who owns it, or what the plans are for it, but I've had many daydreams about this becoming a true "corner store" where I could go to buy a six-pack, a gatorade, and maybe even a sandwich.  

Anyone in the mood to start a business with me?

Capture.PNG

Would be a great spot for Toucan Louie's...