Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

Jeff Brown, a lawyer with Moore & Van Allen who is representing Cousins, says that the developer’s discussions with neighborhood stakeholders so far have been good.

“We’ve had some positive conversations with folks who have an interest in the South End area,” he says. “Obviously change is something that takes a little while for people to gravitate to, but the early indications have been positive.”

Hilarious. His email is easy to find on the web if you are so inclined to tell him otherwise. 

And what is an "neighborhood stakeholder"? The only image that comes to mind is this: 

angry-mob.jpg

Edited by Crown
  • Like 1

Also just want to echo what some others are saying on here.  I have a hard time getting on Duda Paine for this project.  It's actually attractive and if they had proposed this for even South Park, I'd be very happy with it.  It's just the worst place ever to put something like this.  This really falls more on DFA and Cousins.

• Like 1

Also just want to echo what some others are saying on here.  I have a hard time getting on Duda Paine for this project.  It's actually attractive and if they had proposed this for even South Park, I'd be very happy with it.  It's just the worst place ever to put something like this.  This really falls more on DFA and Cousins.

This 100%. I don't hate the design. I hate the design for this spot.

I like the design. Just not in South End. It is somewhat odd that DFA made much of wanting to be in the urban core, then presented a building design not in keeping with its surroundings.

Regardless, let's not run off the excellent jobs to other Carolina. This is a big win for Charlotte. This is a new regional headquarters. These 300+ jobs pay an average annual comp in excess of 100k and are squarely within Charlotte's signature industry, finance. These are Charlotte jobs, not Ft. Mill jobs. The salaries and  tax monies they will eventually generate (well, the portion that Sen. Harry Brown, R-Onslow does not siphon off down east) are an important source of funding for other things we want Charlotte to accomplish.

Welcome, DFA! Really like your building! (cough not in South End, cough):)

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods

Got to talk to Gaines Brown directly tonight at the civic by design meeting. To make a long story short....change (whether big or small) is in motion. Some items he seemed open to were the shrinkage of the lobby, and street front retail. We will see what happens. The SENA is going to set up a neighborhood meeting, but Gaines wants a specific list of whats wrong, what can be better type thing to present to Duda, Cousins and DFA. 

Lets use this forum to help the SENA (KO) out in creating this list constructively.

• Like 2

Got to talk to Gaines Brown directly tonight at the civic by design meeting. To make a long story short....change (whether big or small) is in motion. Some items he seemed open to were the shrinkage of the lobby, and street front retail. We will see what happens. The SENA is going to set up a neighborhood meeting, but Gaines wants a specific list of whats wrong, what can be better type thing to present to Duda, Cousins and DFA. 

Lets use this forum to help the SENA (KO) out in creating this list constructively.

this might be a dumb question or a few post above or something, but who is Gaines Brown?