Dimensional Place (Common Market South End site)

Spartan

32 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

what'd he buy the land for?

I'm not an expert at the Register of Deeds, but from what i can gather, $144,000

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Oh man, I'd pay serious money to get those to go away.

Aren't most big block projects getting the appropriate upfit of the surrounding infrastructure?  I feel like there's a city code on this.  Too lazy to look up.  But to the point, your wishes should be granted.

7 hours ago, kermit said:

^ why did they make the road and car the second most prominent features in the rendering? 

Perspective and scale?

I like this building a lot more than the previous renditions, but I still don't like a modern/contemporary style of architecture for south end. This looks like it should be in South Park.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spartan said:

Perspective and scale?

I like this building a lot more than the previous renditions, but I still don't like a modern/contemporary style of architecture for south end. This looks like it should be in South Park.

I tend to agree.  But I also couldn't see an Uptown megastructure there or anything smaller.  I guess it's as good a compromise as any.  And at such a prominent spot in SouthEnd, the scale of the building stays true to the overall tone of the neighborhood.

Edited by alb1no panther

My biggest annoyance with the architecture is that the "flatiron" corner is minimized. The vertical striping makes the "pointiness" of the building less noticeable, which in turn makes the most unique part of the site basically invisible. Even if DFA puts their logo on the building (which would look great from a distance), it won't face the intersection "head on."

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2016 at 7:40 AM, Jayvee said:

Demo permits have been issued for all buildings on site....man oh man. here we go. 

The existing house will be demolished in about two weeks with the common market building after that.

On 9/1/2016 at 1:34 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Oh man, I'd pay serious money to get those to go away.

The power lines on Tryon and Camden will go away. The power transmission line on W Park is being debated right now. Duke doesn't want to move it but the owners want it gone.

• 1 month later...