Town Center North

vdogg

With all of the construction in and around town center, I'm trying to stay hopeful some of the redevelopment will really begin in earnest and some high quality at that. I think now we have a lot going on behind the scenes. A lot cookin. 

Edited by urbanvb

Site plan, yes. But then one site plan had something other than a fast food drive in  on what is now ...a Chick-fil-A property. Anyway, I agree though. It would be great if they'd stick to it.

Let's get the secret recipes that are back there cookin' in da kitchen ...out of that kitchen ...and onto the dirt!! ;-)

Edited by baobabs727

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
4 hours ago, vdogg said:

Hmm….Perhaps the official death of TC North, perhaps something new on the horizon?

https://www.virginiabusiness.com/article/virginia-beach-office-buildings-sell-for-15-8m/

That's a strange sale, I get selling building 6, but 4 and 5 is a good chunk of the site. It is interesting that this office park has been so hard to redevelop. It should have been pretty simple to tear down the two story buildings, connect 2nd to Broad and then develop the easternhalf as an urban mixed use development surrounding an urban plaza, then doing the same in to the western half. Then finish it up with tearing down building 6 and replacing it with a big residential building. Even better is if the properties along VB Blvd can be incorporated into the redevelopment.

• Like 2

Perusing their website leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed. It appears to be a smallish firm that has redeveloped apartments and some commercial sites (which aren’t listed on their website (?). I’m not seeing any mixed use properties. I really hope they plan to bring the properties together to develop as a whole. 

Edited by urbanvb
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, urbanvb said:

Perusing their website leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed. It appears to be a smallish firm that has redeveloped apartments and some commercial sites (which aren’t listed on their website (?). I’m not seeing any mixed use properties. I really hope they plan to bring the properties together to develop as a whole. 

I got the same feeling. I'm hoping they're just squatting on the property in the hopes of reselling for a profit to someone who will actually do something with that land.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I think it might be Breeden. 

INDEPENDENCE ACQUISITION LLC 287 INDEPENDENCE BLVD 219 14784069280000
CONDO ASSOCIATION MASTER 287 INDEPENDENCE BLVD 220

Name Independence Acquisition, Llc
Entity Type Limited Liability Company
Jurisdiction of Formation VA
SCC ID S4518850
Status Active
Date of Formation/Registration 2013-04-24

Principal Office Address

560 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach
Va23452

GPS Coordinates
Latitude: 36° 49' 53" N
Longitude: 76° 3' 59.6" W

Edited by baobabs727

28 minutes ago, baobabs727 said:

I think it might be Breeden. 

INDEPENDENCE ACQUISITION LLC 287 INDEPENDENCE BLVD 219 14784069280000
CONDO ASSOCIATION MASTER 287 INDEPENDENCE BLVD 220

Name Independence Acquisition, Llc
Entity Type Limited Liability Company
Jurisdiction of Formation VA
SCC ID S4518850
Status Active
Date of Formation/Registration 2013-04-24

Principal Office Address

560 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach
Va23452

GPS Coordinates
Latitude: 36° 49' 53" N
Longitude: 76° 3' 59.6" W

The correct parcel number is 14773599020000.

Not sure what is going on with the addresses for parcels there - they’re wetlands & condo common areas.