Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites - Washington And Spring

vicupstate

Well I remember they wanted 300 rooms for the site. I assume two hotels means two buildings + 350-400 parking spots. 

Plus a restaurant and/or bar might be a possibility, which may have direct access to the street. There might also be street level storefronts 'carved out' of the hotel space along the street.  Hopefuly some or all of that is involved.    

Plus a restaurant and/or bar might be a possibility, which may have direct access to the street. There might also be street level storefronts 'carved out' of the hotel space along the street.  Hopefuly some or all of that is involved.    

Im sure there will be some of that considering what JHM has done with the Hyatt. 

How many stories will this development be?    Three hundred rooms plus 350-400 parking spaces is about the size of the Hyatt Regency.  The Hyatt's rooms require a seven story building.  I think the Hyatt has a bigger footprint just for the rooms.   Is this a 12 story or taller building?

Is Spring Street garage unusable? Are we guaranteed structured parking on this site? I don't imagine this to be very tall unless they choose creative stacking (and an unnecessary price tag associated). But this is all speculation at this point. 

Edited by GvilleSC

Is Spring Street garage unusable? Are we guaranteed structured parking on this site? I don't imagine this to be very tall unless they choose creative stacking (and an unnecessary price tag associated). But this is all speculation at this point. 

Spring St from what I have heard is pretty much filled due to Wells Fargo and others, so it would most likely need its own.

Id imagine an underground parking situation might have to come in. 

Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites

7 stories, 240 rooms, 

Plans call for a small, intimate bar with about 10-12 barstools and overflow seating at the corner of Spring and Washington streets and a 1,500 retail space will be available for lease at the corner of Irvine and Washington streets. A check-in/motor court area will front Washington Street.

Plans for the project will be reviewed at the Nov. 5 Design Review Board meeting. Meadors says JHM hopes to begin construction in the first quarter of 2016 with completion in the second quarter of 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see another parking lot bite the dust!

I think the parking lot might look better.  This one takes the trendy horizontal/vertical banding to the extreme. Funny that the DRB finally also has concerns about this style now, stating that it is very similar to other buildings downtown, and will look dated in 15 to 20 years, something I keep thinking every time I see another one of these same designs.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/november-greenville-drb-urban-panel-meeting/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I've heard they put this on ice as they see what happens to the hotel market with all the new openings.

Seems really odd they would spend the money and go through the approval process just to put it on ice. Also, all of the current hotels proposed downtown were pretty much known when this one was being planned to my knowledge so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to JHM. 

Edited by gman430

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...