vicupstate

Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites - Washington And Spring

88 posts in this topic

Fencing is now up around the entire site:

image.jpeg

Edited by gman430
1 person likes this

This is a slightly different rendering than we saw in the past, looks like it is cutting a few corners, for cost purposes I'm sure. Looks quite a but more bland now than before. Oh well, guess it will fit in... :P

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

This is a slightly different rendering than we saw in the past, looks like it is cutting a few corners, for cost purposes I'm sure. Looks quite a but more bland now than before. Oh well, guess it will fit in... :P

I prefer this latest design.

1 person likes this

On August 8, 2016 at 10:01 PM, distortedlogic said:

I don't suspect that to be the case at all.  I suspect they're merely trying to fit better with the look and feel of DTGVL.  Hello! :-P

On August 9, 2016 at 3:05 AM, B&R said:

I prefer this latest design.

Me too.

**crickets** 

The fence got moved all the way out to the sidewalk but still no movement on site. Not sure what the hold up is. JHM has no problem with financing. 

Edited by gman430

I am hearing that there is no plans to start construction on this. They are waiting to see how the hotel market responds. Basically just a place holder for now...

14 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I am hearing that there is no plans to start construction on this. They are waiting to see how the hotel market responds. Basically just a place holder for now...

That doesn't match up at all with this: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2016/08/04/new-spring-street-hotels-begin-construction/88068176/

I guess this project is dead. :( 

32 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I guess this project is dead. :( 

I do not believe it is dead, just on hold like I mentioned a few months ago. From what I understand, they are waiting to see how the market takes all the new hotel capacity. The fence is basically just a placeholder for now. I still think it is odd to not keep the revenue from parking if no imminent plans to start, but hey what do I know.

24 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I do not believe it is dead, just on hold like I mentioned a few months ago. From what I understand, they are waiting to see how the market takes all the new hotel capacity. The fence is basically just a placeholder for now. I still think it is odd to not keep the revenue from parking if no imminent plans to start, but hey what do I know.

The fence has been taken down. 

How long is the grading permit valid?

11 hours ago, gman430 said:

The fence has been taken down. 

I didn't know Bob Ellis was behind this thing! :rofl:

Posted (edited)

Not dead. Alive...

image.jpeg

Edited by gman430
1 person likes this

On 3/7/2017 at 10:03 PM, gman430 said:

Not dead. Alive...

I'll believe it when I see something more definitive. This could simply be temporary staging for some other project. Not challenging you, gman; just skeptical, that's all.

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, RiverWalker said:

I'll believe it when I see something more definitive. This could simply be temporary staging for some other project. Not challenging you, gman; just skeptical, that's all.

I'm not sure what other project these barricades would be for. :unsure: Every other project in the area already has theirs up. I could be wrong though. 

Edited by gman430

The barricades are still there. Odd. 

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

The barricades are still there. Odd. 

Yes it is...was downtown yesterday and saw them as well. Aren't there stakes around the property marking areas?

As I said, I think that lot is being used as a convenient storage and staging area. Nothing to see here... move along.