Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites - Washington And Spring

vicupstate

1 hour ago, RiverWalker said:

As I said, I think that lot is being used as a convenient storage and staging area. Nothing to see here... move along.

A staging area for what? The barricades have been there for weeks. And why is the parking lot still blocked off if nothing is planned? You would think they would reopen it for use and make some money like they did with the Pinnacle on Main site. 

UPDATE: the barricades belong to BE&K. Guess who did the Hyatt Regency renovation project for JHM? Yeah...BE&K. 

Edited by gman430

On March 23, 2017 at 3:43 PM, gman430 said:

A staging area for what? The barricades have been there for weeks. And why is the parking lot still blocked off if nothing is planned? You would think they would reopen it for use and make some money like they did with the Pinnacle on Main site. 

UPDATE: the barricades belong to BE&K. Guess who did the Hyatt Regency renovation project for JHM? Yeah...BE&K. 

A reliable city source advised me today that JHM has their own timeline to begin construction...may be a while. No surprise...probably obvious from recent observations reported for the site.

Edited by cabelagent

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

They may have delayed construction to gauge demand for rooms/accommodations during recent tournaments. You betcha they want this built prior to future tournaments! 

Not sure if it was that or a general contractor issue. I know they got a new one. 

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

I hope there is - the first one was better. The latest one looks like EVERY OTHER 5 story building going up right now. Come on Greenville Architects!

I actually like the latest design more. The building was designed by ODa Architects which is located in Charlotte not Greenville: http://oda.us.com

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

I actually like the latest design more. The building was designed by ODa Architects which is located in Charlotte not Greenville: http://oda.us.com

I didn't realize they were the same people who designed the AC Hotel at Camperdown.

The massing is the best aspect of this project. It's going to be a great midrise density builder, but I'm not excited about the red brick.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

I forget how many additional hotels are under construction right now. The Aloft and Embassy were a wave, and this wave represents 3 more (plus AC soon?). 

Would you say we have a plethora of hotels?

.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...