vicupstate

Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites - Washington And Spring

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, RiverWalker said:

As I said, I think that lot is being used as a convenient storage and staging area. Nothing to see here... move along.

A staging area for what? The barricades have been there for weeks. And why is the parking lot still blocked off if nothing is planned? You would think they would reopen it for use and make some money like they did with the Pinnacle on Main site. 

UPDATE: the barricades belong to BE&K. Guess who did the Hyatt Regency renovation project for JHM? Yeah...BE&K. 

Edited by gman430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

On March 23, 2017 at 3:43 PM, gman430 said:

A staging area for what? The barricades have been there for weeks. And why is the parking lot still blocked off if nothing is planned? You would think they would reopen it for use and make some money like they did with the Pinnacle on Main site. 

UPDATE: the barricades belong to BE&K. Guess who did the Hyatt Regency renovation project for JHM? Yeah...BE&K. 

A reliable city source advised me today that JHM has their own timeline to begin construction...may be a while. No surprise...probably obvious from recent observations reported for the site.

Edited by cabelagent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

New spray paint markings on site indicate this project will be starting very soon. They appear to be for the outline of the barricades/fence.

Edited by gman430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surveyors on site today. It's finally happening.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Surveyors on site today. It's finally happening.

They may have delayed construction to gauge demand for rooms/accommodations during recent tournaments. You betcha they want this built prior to future tournaments! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

They may have delayed construction to gauge demand for rooms/accommodations during recent tournaments. You betcha they want this built prior to future tournaments! 

Not sure if it was that or a general contractor issue. I know they got a new one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

And so it begins. :yahoo: Say good riddance to another parking lot. Workers, drilling, more barricades, fencing, etc all arriving and getting installed on and around the site: 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by gman430
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the newest renderings for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Believe this was the last rendering that was publicized...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Believe this was the last rendering that was publicized...

 

Well....I tried to copy/paste the pic that was posted last year. I hope there's not many changes from that rendering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cabelagent said:

Well....I tried to copy/paste the pic that was posted last year. I hope there's not many changes from that rendering.

I hope there is - the first one was better. The latest one looks like EVERY OTHER 5 story building going up right now. Come on Greenville Architects!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

I hope there is - the first one was better. The latest one looks like EVERY OTHER 5 story building going up right now. Come on Greenville Architects!

I actually like the latest design more. The building was designed by ODa Architects which is located in Charlotte not Greenville: http://oda.us.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gman430 said:

I actually like the latest design more. The building was designed by ODa Architects which is located in Charlotte not Greenville: http://oda.us.com

I didn't realize they were the same people who designed the AC Hotel at Camperdown.

The massing is the best aspect of this project. It's going to be a great midrise density builder, but I'm not excited about the red brick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news!

In looking at the photos above: when is the Daniel Building EVER going to get a facade update so that it is attractive?  It's an eyesore now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DJI_0091.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget how many additional hotels are under construction right now. The Aloft and Embassy were a wave, and this wave represents 3 more (plus AC soon?). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

I forget how many additional hotels are under construction right now. The Aloft and Embassy were a wave, and this wave represents 3 more (plus AC soon?). 

Would you say we have a plethora of hotels?

.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJI_0154.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJI_0237.JPG

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking we'll see a tower crane here pretty soon.:D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.