Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites - Washington And Spring

vicupstate

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

It's not that high, but it still adds to the cranes downtown. I think that's 3 or 4 right? I would assume that the hotel across from the ball stadium will be getting one too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Three tower cranes and one boom crane. 

15 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

It's not that high, but it still adds to the cranes downtown. I think that's 3 or 4 right? I would assume that the hotel across from the ball stadium will be getting one too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Likely to see one for the AC Hotel, as well. I'm not sure the reach or overlap of work with the apartment building crane allowing for it to be shared. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
:sick:
More of the same, no creativity or imagination. Every block is going to look the same. Look at those two buildings in the second pic, looks so institutional, no charm or warmth. [emoji20]

I’m kind of curious. Do you have any photos of the type of architecture that you like? It seems like this look is going up in most cities so I’m not sure what the compare or contrast could be to something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NBNY2GRNVL said:

I’m kind of curious. Do you have any photos of the type of architecture that you like? It seems like this look is going up in most cities so I’m not sure what the compare or contrast could be to something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, it's going up in every city but that doesn't make it look better. Unfortunately Greenville is building too much of it.  I just don't like this boxy institutional modern stuff.  I prefer more effort and imagination. And more classic stuff. Just a couple examples; Look at Spartanburg' s AC Hotel then look at ours. Look at Florence' s or Easley' s library, and look at ours. I don't mind some of it but there's just no variety going up right now with these hotels and appts . A couple examples of good Greenville architecture? I love the condos at the corner of Univ Ridge and Cleveland (name?),  the falls/main building that went up is nice, and the hotel at S Main and Markley is nice as well ( one of the better looking modern buildings).

Edited by distortedlogic

• 4 weeks later...