Residence Inn/ Spring Hill Suites - Washington And Spring

vicupstate

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

This is a slightly different rendering than we saw in the past, looks like it is cutting a few corners, for cost purposes I'm sure. Looks quite a but more bland now than before. Oh well, guess it will fit in... :P

I prefer this latest design.

• Like 1

On August 8, 2016 at 10:01 PM, distortedlogic said:

This is a slightly different rendering than we saw in the past, looks like it is cutting a few corners, for cost purposes I'm sure. Looks quite a but more bland now than before. Oh well, guess it will fit in... :P

I don't suspect that to be the case at all.  I suspect they're merely trying to fit better with the look and feel of DTGVL.  Hello! :-P

On August 9, 2016 at 3:05 AM, B&R said:

I prefer this latest design.

Me too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I am hearing that there is no plans to start construction on this. They are waiting to see how the hotel market responds. Basically just a place holder for now...

That doesn't match up at all with this: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2016/08/04/new-spring-street-hotels-begin-construction/88068176/

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I guess this project is dead. :( 

I do not believe it is dead, just on hold like I mentioned a few months ago. From what I understand, they are waiting to see how the market takes all the new hotel capacity. The fence is basically just a placeholder for now. I still think it is odd to not keep the revenue from parking if no imminent plans to start, but hey what do I know.

24 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I do not believe it is dead, just on hold like I mentioned a few months ago. From what I understand, they are waiting to see how the market takes all the new hotel capacity. The fence is basically just a placeholder for now. I still think it is odd to not keep the revenue from parking if no imminent plans to start, but hey what do I know.

The fence has been taken down. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, RiverWalker said:

I'll believe it when I see something more definitive. This could simply be temporary staging for some other project. Not challenging you, gman; just skeptical, that's all.

I'm not sure what other project these barricades would be for. :unsure: Every other project in the area already has theirs up. I could be wrong though. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...