Hyatt Place Hotel-Broad and Calvin

SVL

Charleston too. Check the pic out at the top of this article: http://www.postandcourier.com/opinion/commentary/opinion-time-to-draw-a-red-line-on-rampant-development/article_7462d20c-2145-11e7-8ac2-1b99bda61b2c.html We should have three or four up at once within the next few months. 

Yes. It is coming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2017 at 9:31 PM, gman430 said:

...We should have three or four up at once within the next few months. 

I've been preoccupied recently by [life's demands] and haven't kept in touch with everything in the economic development world.  Would you (or anyone else reading) please share the proposed projects that could potentially require tower cranes within the next few months.  Thank you in advance.

Edited by Skyliner

7 hours ago, Skyliner said:

I've been preoccupied recently by [life's demands] and haven't kept in touch with everything in the economic development world.  Would you (or anyone else reading) please share the proposed projects that could potentially require tower cranes within the next few months.  Thank you in advance.

Apartment building at Camperdown, this hotel project, AC hotel at Camperdown, Homewood Suites, and possibly Residence Inn.

I assumed the crane at Camperdown would be used during construction of the apartment building, the hotel, and possibly the office/condo building, but wouldn't be surprised to see another one there.

Homewood Suites seems reasonable.  Do you know when construction is expected to start?

Any update on the Residence Inn/Springhill Suites?

What about the vacant properties in and around RiverPlace?  Have you heard anything recently about potential future development in that area?

12 hours ago, Skyliner said:

I assumed the crane at Camperdown would be used during construction of the apartment building, the hotel, and possibly the office/condo building, but wouldn't be surprised to see another one there.

Homewood Suites seems reasonable.  Do you know when construction is expected to start?

Any update on the Residence Inn/Springhill Suites?

What about the vacant properties in and around RiverPlace?  Have you heard anything recently about potential future development in that area?

In regards to Camperdown, I don't believe the crane can reach its boom far enough for the hotel and office building which is why I am thinking those will require separate tower cranes. Notice the current crane is on the far right side of the site looking north and not in the middle also. I could always be wrong though. 

Construction is underway at Homewood Suites. Demolition is complete and now just waiting on the general contractor to get started on the grading and building foundation. 

Nobody seems to have a clue what is going on with the Residence Inn/Springhill Suites. There are barricades and signs on site from BE&K but nothing has been done with them. Very odd. 

Windsor Aughtry has bought the former Reedy Square site. The old grey building was recently demolished. A mixed use development will be built there in the future. As of right now though, it will just become a parking lot. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...