Hyatt Place Hotel-Broad and Calvin

SVL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Den2Gvl said:

I wish that side perpendicular to Broad St had windows or something though. I don't know, I guess it could look worse. I'm sure something will be built right up against that face some day in the future anyway. Otherwise it looks good! 

I agree. That side is pretty boring. When this went to the DRB in December 2015, the plans showed a Hyatt Place sign on that side and it broke up the blank space. Not sure if that is still planned because there are signs up in other spots that weren't in the original plans.  http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/2422?fileID=6565

12 minutes ago, SVL said:

I agree. That side is pretty boring. When this went to the DRB in December 2015, the plans showed a Hyatt Place sign on that side and it broke up the blank space. Not sure if that is still planned because there are signs up in other spots that weren't in the original plans.  http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/2422?fileID=6565

Just a result of building up against a property line.

Maybe they know something we do not about the future of that land, and the timeline of those plans... 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

On it I see “Welcome to Greenville. Textile center of the world “. I wonder if they know something we don’t because the building around 306 Falls Street currently has a mural about that. Maybe they know of plans to redevelop that lot? I think the city or county is currently using that building. 

1 hour ago, johnpro318 said:

On it I see “Welcome to Greenville. Textile center of the world “. I wonder if they know something we don’t because the building around 306 Falls Street currently has a mural about that. Maybe they know of plans to redevelop that lot? I think the city or county is currently using that building. 

Hope so. The Parks & Rec Department for the city currently uses it. The way the  brick looks on the side of the building has always made question its integrity. 

Edited by gman430

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, johnpro318 said:

What are you getting at here? It seems to be a nod to Greenville's history as it was once known as such... 

36 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

What are you getting at here? It seems to be a nod to Greenville's history as it was once known as such... 

What I’m getting at is a very similar mural is on the side of the building at 306 Falls Street. Maybe it was commissioned because there are plans forthcoming at that site (Parks and Rec building) and the current mural will be demolished with the building. 

Edited by johnpro318