Paramount747

Broadway Tower Yet Unamed|Mazda Property|50 Floors|500+ Feet|Rumor|Speculation|2020

15 posts in this topic

Since ML brought this up, I thought it would be fun to speculate. I do not have much faith in this yet as we have seen dozens of proposals like the over the years, especially in the 1970's and 1980's.

However, this would be an amazing spot for such a tower, especially after 505, The Westin, The Sobro, The JW Marriott, 222 2nd Avenue, The Bridgestone, and The gulch Tower are completed.

Would this be the crowing architectural achievement for Nashville in regards to height and prestige?  Would 505 then be the third tallest building? This could prove to be interesting. Strike while the iron is hot as it is said. I don't think Nashville will be cooling down for the next five years.

If our pier cities are now Austin and Charlotte as opposed to what they used to be, Memphis, Little Rock, Jacksonville, Louisville, and Birmingham, maybe this proposal may not be too far fetched.

Discuss if you wish.

John

So this post is not based on any info, just speculating on the old Mazda site?  Man just seeing the year "2020" for when a possible project could come to fruition seems crazy.

This came from our fellow forum poster ML Brumby from rumblings at his law firm.

I have heard some pretty solid info on this site. The developer paraded this thing around ICSC last week. It is big. Shiny. And has a grocery.

2 people like this

I have heard some pretty solid info on this site. The developer paraded this thing around ICSC last week. It is big. Shiny. And has a grocery.

Like 50 stories full of "shiny?" :)

Maybe PHofKS will post one of his renderings for this to give us an idea of what t could look like.

Thanks, PHofKS.  We can't be choosy beggars, at least we don't have room to be. -==-

Guess I better chime in here... and add a little bit more.  I mentioned I did not have any details, nor did my coworkers (there were two who sounded knowledgeable, like "oh, yeah... they've been asking about demand for office space"). And yes, this is the site to which they were referring.  I did not get any sense that it was a done deal, however, the emphasis is on residential and retail. They don't even know if the office component will be the contingency for going up to 50 stories. They aren't the geek about this that we are... but they sounded excited about the "new" "tall" etc. aspect of the deal. So as P747 notes above, this is extremely speculative.  I only mentioned it because I was sure others here had heard more about it.  

2 people like this

Have a friend that recently attended a wedding reception in which one of the guys tied to this development said Whole Foods is going to be one of their "anchors" for this site.  Take it for what it's worth.  (yes...it was a very rich person's wedding reception, so I wasn't invited.) :)

2 people like this

On 11/4/2015, 2:20:11, NoChesterHester said:

So a 50 story IKEA?!!!!!!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MLBrumby said:

LOL... 48 floors of parking. 

And a rotating meatball cafeteria on top!

1 person likes this