1000 South Tryon

SentioVenia

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love that they photoshopped a due west facing view of the city into the building reflection. Maybe I'm the only person in the world that'd ever notice that. But no, no you won't be able to see BofA Stadium clearly from this view. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 2.57.48 PM.png

This has a lot of potential. I like that style of architecture for this location in South End, and they'll have to try really hard to screw up the ground level. Wider sidewalks will be a welcomed change. I just hope they include retail fronting S Tryon... it would be great to extend the uptown version of Tryon to the South.

This has a lot of potential. I like that style of architecture for this location in South End, and they'll have to try really hard to screw up the ground level. Wider sidewalks will be a welcomed change. I just hope they include retail fronting S Tryon... it would be great to extend the uptown version of Tryon to the South.

I think there was 10k or retail included...

Should be mentioned that they are hiding the parking deck with 30 units of multifamily.

Screen_Shot_2015-11-04_at_5.08.09_PM.thu

I've been told they are looking into a lot of retail, tenants want it and they are listening. This is a really solid project all around. I am all for extending the skyline, now to just get rid of Uptown Cabaret :/

I've been told they are looking into a lot of retail, tenants want it and they are listening. This is a really solid project all around. I am all for extending the skyline, now to just get rid of Uptown Cabaret :/

Hey man, its a classy establishment. I'll take you next time I'm in town. 

You can't get rid of Uptown Cabaret... You just can't. That sleaze needs to remain.

Gotta love that they photoshopped a due west facing view of the city into the building reflection. Maybe I'm the only person in the world that'd ever notice that. But no, no you won't be able to see BofA Stadium clearly from this view. 

They also included two lane roads surrounding the image. I guess selling a building on a decent sized road makes more sense than sandwiched between two five lane roads. I'm only saying this to prove the point that everyone prefers the pedestrian experience over the automobile-centric one that has dominated.

I'm excited for this project. Wrapping the parking garage with anything is a great leap forward.

That's a pretty new building so I don't see it going anywhere soon.

It's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. The owners of the former biz journals building bought an easement from Spectrum (who is developing the lot my favorite building in southend lies on) to add on to their available parking spaces. 

• 2 months later...

Overheard one of the proprietors in the current building on the corner talking with someone who parks in this lot.  He said that the deal with the original developer fell through.  He was optimistic that another developer would step up and continue working on getting the plan back on the table.  I found it funny that he mentioned that if he had an infinite amount of money, he would start building parking garages as close to Center City since the current parking situation is going to get more and more interesting with all of the building going on!

3 hours ago, JRNYP2C said:

Overheard one of the proprietors in the current building on the corner talking with someone who parks in this lot.  He said that the deal with the original developer fell through.  He was optimistic that another developer would step up and continue working on getting the plan back on the table.  I found it funny that he mentioned that if he had an infinite amount of money, he would start building parking garages as close to Center City since the current parking situation is going to get more and more interesting with all of the building going on!

I don't think this building is going vertical anytime soon. It's not a very good location for class A space unless it's build-to-suit for a named tenant, as with DFA's new building.

And now that the markets are in turmoil and we're in the full swing of a presidential election year, I expect to see things slow down, even pause.

Hope I'm wrong, of course!

A Panthers win on Sunday could maybe shake a few things loose. So odd that winning a football game has that effect, but it does.

One other aspect that I noticed today was that not only the art gallery has emptied out, the clothier on the corner (proprietor who i overheard the other week) has also exited this building.  So, I'm a little perplexed that if this deal fell through, why (within days) that two of the main renters have moved out.  Catawba Land Conservancy moved out a few years ago, and I think there is a dry cleaners and some insurance place on the Tryon street side.  I'm just waiting for the day that West Parking gives us a note on our windshields that they will not be issuing quarterly passes to this lot anymore.  Then it will be a true scramble to find another decent, reasonably priced place to park on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, rancenc said:

Well I guess this project is dead for now.  According to the Charlotte Observer edition this morning, that the developer is cancelling the project due to the lack of landing an anchor tenant!

That's not surprising. With Tryon Place, 615 S College and 300 South Tryon there will be more than 1 million square foot of office coming online within the next few years. Might help Tryon Place to get a tenant though!

Archived