1000 South Tryon

SentioVenia

Guest StuckInASuburb
1 hour ago, Piedmont767 said:

That's not surprising. With Tryon Place, 615 S College and 300 South Tryon there will be more than 1 million square foot of office coming online within the next few years. Might help Tryon Place to get a tenant though!

That's a good point, there are only so many companies here now and in the process of moving here. It would be ridiculous to add even more uptown office space considering all the free space available and being built. I would rather have the exciting Tryon Place over another office tower any day.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know most of us want a more seamless transition from Uptown to South End to make the two feel more connected, but I would like to see our 'highrise' (anything above 10 floors) development concentrated in Uptown.  Except for the massive parking deck (at least well-hidden by apartments on Morehead), this was a pretty solid office project with a good street-level presence.  However, I would rather have a dense urban core than have a spread out skyline like in Atlanta or Dallas, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Archived