Incredible photos of Richmond

Brickhead

Scenic Virginia Photography

This site by Ted Backherms contains some of the finest, most artistic photographs I have ever seen of Richmond. There are tons of pics of the skyline, the James River, Canal Walk, Shockoe Slip, Hollywood Cemetery, panoramas, and many other Richmond locations. Click on the link and enjoy Richmond like you've never seen it before. Very impressive.

2002-1214_164754_1d_std.jpg

2003-0905_164955_8622_1d_std.jpg

2002-1214_151236_1d_std.jpg

Scenic Virginia Photography

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with PompeyJohnson... Richmond's skyline can deceive you about the true size of the city (not that Richmond is small), and it represents one of the nicest skylines, in my opinion. Every time I drove by Richmond I allowed time to stare at its skyline, especially around Christmas. There is a wealth of nice shots of Richmond on the Internet, but it seems to be "well hidden".

Great post!!!

You know, I think y'all are right. Richmond's skyline can be deceptive. The city itself is just under 200,000, but the greater metro area is about 1.1 million. Downtown Richmond has the usual assortment of business offices and city government, but it also has the state government, several federal offices and courts, the Medical College of Virginia, and nearby is Virginia Commonwealth University and Virginia Union University. There's a lot of stuff packed in DT Richmond, but there's always room for more!

Brickhead, I agree with you 100%. I hate to use the word "deceptive" about Richmond because there is a lot more to do there than most places I've been to. The metro area is large enough to justify the skyline, although the city's population isn't. Anyway, I am really happy for Richmond and I wouldn't mind to see similar "deceptive" image for NC cities, too :)

• 8 months later...

Archived