Warner Building/Hyatt Place - Lyon and Ottawa/Pearl and Ottawa

mpchicago

7 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

Nope.  While directly connected to it at each floor, the garage does not span the entire site.

150-ottawa-4.png?w=1190

Hotel_Hyatt-Rendering.jpg?1498141343

I'm not sure that you can totally tell from those renderings. I wish I could find the new floorplans when it switched to the hotel instead of apartments. 

Unless they've made up the parking garage floors to look exactly like the hotel floors - which is extremely rare and hard to do - there is no way the parking garage extends under the hotel.  The hotel is connected ot the garage under the office building.  What's rendered are connecting halls; if it were a parking garage across the whole site they'd have simply continued the design of the parking garage.

7 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

Unless they've made up the parking garage floors to look exactly like the hotel floors - which is extremely rare and hard to do - there is no way the parking garage extends under the hotel.  The hotel is connected ot the garage under the office building.  What's rendered are connecting halls; if it were a parking garage across the whole site they'd have simply continued the design of the parking garage.

It could be the back section of those lower two floors. That's why a floorplan would be nice to have.

Maybe it's just easier to do the elevator towers in concrete while the office tower is going up, also in concrete (so far anyway). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 4:56 PM, joeDowntown said:

A few photos from today. I haven’t been by this project in a bit and Thought it’d be a little taller by now. 

I work across the street and it seems they took about 10 days off after 01/01. Maybe because it was too cold to pour cement? 

2 minutes ago, kwl said:

I work across the street and it seems they took about 10 days off after 01/01. Maybe because it was too cold to pour cement? 

It may be,  IIRC  construction at Arena Place and 240 Ionia also seemed stalled during the winter of 2014 which was even colder than this one.  They were in the midst of concrete pouring during that time as well.  Although it's pure speculation on my end. 

12 hours ago, MJLO said:

It may be,  IIRC  construction at Arena Place and 240 Ionia also seemed stalled during the winter of 2014 which was even colder than this one.  They were in the midst of concrete pouring during that time as well.  Although it's pure speculation on my end. 

Probably pretty accurate. Once you get really cold,  especially below 20 degrees F, the concrete takes longer to cure because of the water content in it. On homes anyway. I assume it's the same in these applications. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I believe the concrete elevator towers are topped out on this project. The Warner Tower part is slightly taller than the Hyatt Place, and I count 12 elevator  door openings on the Hyatt tower. 

They've also poured the pool for the hotel already, so there that.  If anyone wants to go swimming... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

That picture reminds me of the idea quite a few years ago to turn that Ellis lot into a plaza or retail arcade. Idea on UP anyway. :)

I think that was me! I did some really amateur work creating that vision. Maybe some day I should go back and redo it, tying it in with the midtown arcade restoration I like to fantasize about.