mpchicago

Warner Tower - Lyon and Ottawa

261 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MJLO said:

I would agree with the Ann St hotel, but I'd consider the Hampton borderline, you can get anywhere downtown within a reasonable walk from there.

:huh: Have you seen the average convention goer? They're not exactly 25 and sprightly. That Michigan St hill is a beast. Does that hotel run a shuttle bus? 

2 people like this

15 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

:huh: Have you seen the average convention goer? They're not exactly 25 and sprightly. That Michigan St hill is a beast. Does that hotel run a shuttle bus? 

I would hope they do if they want to compete. Unless, of course, they only ever planned on being a hotel used by people utilizing the healthcare services of the Michigan hill.

14 minutes ago, GRLaker said:

I would hope they do if they want to compete. Unless, of course, they only ever planned on being a hotel used by people utilizing the healthcare services of the Michigan hill.

Downtown has become a HUGE wedding destination. A lot cheaper to book a block of rooms there then at the Amway-run hotels. 

20 hours ago, MJLO said:

I would agree with the Ann St hotel, but I'd consider the Hampton borderline, you can get anywhere downtown within a reasonable walk from there.

This is what Experience GR has listed as downtown hotels

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 10.35.41 AM.png

After looking at those rates AirBnb has a bright future.

They were drilling at the site today when I walked past like they are at the Hinman site

1 person likes this

On 2/2/2017 at 7:08 PM, ironyisadeadscene said:

They were drilling at the site today when I walked past like they are at the Hinman site

Drill baby drill. 

32315663750_4e3dd76911_b.jpg

3 people like this

Updated drawrings with the new hotel. It's officially 150 Ottawa (Warner Tower) and 140 Ottawa (Hyatt Place).

32589775400_48a55038d2_b.jpg

Quite a large main floor retail space. I thought maybe for the restaurant but I see that's on the second floor. 

32589744110_927069413f_o.jpg

32816285042_2c9cf91bfd_b.jpg

32589743750_b3c1bd1aa9_b.jpg

Yada yada yada, and the requisite Grand Rapids - mandated top floor/12th floor.

32816284822_9c7848e251_b.jpg

The whole packet is here if you want to see. It didn't appear that anything was changed on the office tower portion:

http://grcity.us/engineering-department/BoardsCommissionAndAuthority/DT Agenda 02.22.17.pdf

53 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

New imaginery. It's too bad these aren't twice as tall. But then where would everyone park? :)

33220522780_e649f1f733_b.jpg

I like it a lot more with the lack of the minifridge handle. Also, is this a sign of a move toward a bluish grey exterior? Or am I just seeing blue sky reflecting off of it? It just seems lighter than previous renderings that paint it to look as black as the Spectrum Health north office building.