mpchicago

Warner Tower - Lyon and Ottawa

282 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

I actually thinks this gives a great vision for what it's going to feel like. Overall I'm pretty excited about the infill here. 

All joking aside, it's a cool video and the project is a lot bigger than I thought it would end up. It will put a lot more pedestrians on the street with convention-goers not being able to use the hamster tubes. :)

25 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

All joking aside, it's a cool video and the project is a lot bigger than I thought it would end up. It will put a lot more pedestrians on the street with convention-goers not being able to use the hamster tubes. :)

You're right!  They'll be walking up and down Lyon.  We gotta do something about that stone wall! :)

1 person likes this

I was driving on the s-curve yesterday and realized that if their scale is correct in the video, you'll be able to clearly see this project peeking up above the other buildings in that area. 

595e2c44f274f_WarnerTowerwireframe.thumb.jpg.694109d530b6362b5dc6d151b40ea625.jpg

2 people like this

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have something going up on this parking lot. 

It only made me feel even more strongly that the 5/3 parking lot needs two towers on it. 

34974395753_de94c3b014_b.jpg

34974393073_592610315e_b.jpg

1 person likes this

On 7/7/2017 at 5:54 PM, GRDadof3 said:

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have something going up on this parking lot. 

It only made me feel even more strongly that the 5/3 parking lot needs two towers on it. 

34974395753_de94c3b014_b.jpg

34974393073_592610315e_b.jpg

I saw a pretty sweet rendering of the 5/3 building redone and a tower next to it on the lot.  It looked great, but as we know they lost on the property to CWD.

I feel like CWD will be a better steward of that property anyway.  I think they have more stable resources and a better track record.  I hope that holds true and something great happens :D

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, ctpgr34 said:

I saw a pretty sweet rendering of the 5/3 building redone and a tower next to it on the lot.  It looked great, but as we know they lost on the property to CWD.

Who was that? I don't remember who else was interested in the 5/3.