Warner Building/Hyatt Place - Lyon and Ottawa/Pearl and Ottawa

mpchicago

25 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

All joking aside, it's a cool video and the project is a lot bigger than I thought it would end up. It will put a lot more pedestrians on the street with convention-goers not being able to use the hamster tubes. :)

You're right!  They'll be walking up and down Lyon.  We gotta do something about that stone wall! :)

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 5:54 PM, GRDadof3 said:

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have something going up on this parking lot. 

It only made me feel even more strongly that the 5/3 parking lot needs two towers on it. 

34974395753_de94c3b014_b.jpg

34974393073_592610315e_b.jpg

I saw a pretty sweet rendering of the 5/3 building redone and a tower next to it on the lot.  It looked great, but as we know they lost on the property to CWD.

5 hours ago, ctpgr34 said:

I saw a pretty sweet rendering of the 5/3 building redone and a tower next to it on the lot.  It looked great, but as we know they lost on the property to CWD.

Who was that? I don't remember who else was interested in the 5/3.

• 1 month later...

When I was walking by the other night It looks like all the work is being done on the Ionia side where the bulk of the parking structure will be.  Doesn't look like any of the parking lot has been torn up where the towers will go. 

4 hours ago, MJLO said:

When I was walking by the other night It looks like all the work is being done on the Ionia side where the bulk of the parking structure will be.  Doesn't look like any of the parking lot has been torn up where the towers will go. 

Maybe as part of the deal, they had to replace the parking for Ellis as soon as possible, so the ramp is the first portion to be finished? 

3 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

IMAG0032.jpg

Ha, there's a parking ramp a little bit closer than that. :)

55 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Maybe as part of the deal, they had to replace the parking for Ellis as soon as possible, so the ramp is the first portion to be finished? 

Ha, there's a parking ramp a little bit closer than that. :)

Hey, ya get what I can give ;)

I drive by every few days to see the progress. Seeing this thing sticking out of the ground, even if it's a parking ramp, is fantastic.

Side not, ever think the Campau ramp will get replaced by a new ramp? Or tower? Prime location.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 6:32 PM, ironyisadeadscene said:

Hey, ya get what I can give ;)

I drive by every few days to see the progress. Seeing this thing sticking out of the ground, even if it's a parking ramp, is fantastic.

Side not, ever think the Campau ramp will get replaced by a new ramp? Or tower? Prime location.

Here ya go buddy. 

36699384666_011e977f01_b.jpg

36699382936_6460ce49dc_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So they have poured an incredible amount of concrete on site, but no pile driving.  Is it short enough that the whole thing is just going on huge footings?  I seem to recall weeks or months of pile driving happening at one of the last taller buildings that went up.  Nothing here so far.  

On 9/11/2017 at 12:39 PM, x99 said:

So they have poured an incredible amount of concrete on site, but no pile driving.  Is it short enough that the whole thing is just going on huge footings?  I seem to recall weeks or months of pile driving happening at one of the last taller buildings that went up.  Nothing here so far.  

Strangely I just noticed some old foundation sections, from the previous building here. Not sure if that has anything to do with it?

20170918_141015.jpg

2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I walked by today and didn't notice. A lot of red cranes going up downtown!!

Joe

I was actually headed into downtown for something else and the bright red caught my eye. Flew to the nearest parking ramp (Ionia and Pearl) and interestingly it was FULL. I think that's the first time I've seen that at that ramp. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The crane is coming! The crane is coming! A little birdy told me Erickson's will be erecting the crane in the next month or so. If someone can keep us updated if they work down in that area, that would be great. I hope to get some pictures (and I'm not downtown as much as I used to be). 

1 hour ago, mpchicago said:

I know they are working on the base/parking structure portion of the building, with concrete, but do we know if that material will continue up the tower or change to steel once they get to building the office floors?

The hotel is post tensioned concrete planks. 

The office structure above the parking structure is composite steel beams, with metal deck and concrete on top of the beams. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MJLO said:

I think this is my favorite development from an infill standpoint.   Whether or not you care for Orions style having these two buildings here will make a huge difference in vibrance and feel of that area.

I'm relatively happy with this design, and excited for this project to reach full height!

• Like 2