Warner Building/Hyatt Place - Lyon and Ottawa/Pearl and Ottawa

mpchicago

4 hours ago, Raildude's dad said:

2 BIG AZZ cranes, both locally owned:)

I get real queasy just looking at the photo of the worker out on the boom

Me too! Although I'm hoping to get up on one of them next week. ;)

I got these from the other day. Even got one with the Calder and the Monroe North cranes. 

37599569954_93bb6564d4_b.jpg

37599568994_bc3e4eba83_b.jpg

38260570766_b0ca627296_b.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Me too! Although I'm hoping to get up on one of them next week. ;)

I got these from the other day. Even got one with the Calder and the Monroe North cranes. 

37599569954_93bb6564d4_b.jpg

37599568994_bc3e4eba83_b.jpg

38260570766_b0ca627296_b.jpg

So do you take an elevator up to the cab or do you have to climb all those stairs?  I was talking with GRFD leadership last week.  A few weeks ago they did some training exercises with one of the cranes, practicing a rescue from one of the cranes.  If anything happens to the crane operator while up there it is our firefighters/rescue teams that have to get up there, with a bucket or a stretcher and get the person down with ropes and cables.  Funny, you don't think of those type of things typically.

4 hours ago, KCLBADave said:

So do you take an elevator up to the cab or do you have to climb all those stairs?  I was talking with GRFD leadership last week.  A few weeks ago they did some training exercises with one of the cranes, practicing a rescue from one of the cranes.  If anything happens to the crane operator while up there it is our firefighters/rescue teams that have to get up there, with a bucket or a stretcher and get the person down with ropes and cables.  Funny, you don't think of those type of things typically.

Climb, all..the...way....up.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't tell for the life of me even from the aerials if the hotel is also under construction.  Are those elevator/stair cores, or are they just material stacked in a similar configuration for the office building?  All media I've read said they won't start on the hotel until they finish putting up the steel for the office portion, but it looks like maybe they changed plans?

8 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

I still can't tell for the life of me even from the aerials if the hotel is also under construction.  Are those elevator/stair cores, or are they just material stacked in a similar configuration for the office building?  All media I've read said they won't start on the hotel until they finish putting up the steel for the office portion, but it looks like maybe they changed plans?

It does seem like they're working on the hotel portion too, unless that's just the parking levels that connect to the main parking ramp under the Warner tower portion.