mpchicago

Warner Tower - Lyon and Ottawa

On 12/17/2017 at 7:21 AM, MJLO said:

They are definitely working on what looks like an elevator core on the hotel portion.  Does the parking ramp encompass both buildings?

Nope.  While directly connected to it at each floor, the garage does not span the entire site.

150-ottawa-4.png?w=1190

Hotel_Hyatt-Rendering.jpg?1498141343

7 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

Nope.  While directly connected to it at each floor, the garage does not span the entire site.

150-ottawa-4.png?w=1190

Hotel_Hyatt-Rendering.jpg?1498141343

I'm not sure that you can totally tell from those renderings. I wish I could find the new floorplans when it switched to the hotel instead of apartments. 

Unless they've made up the parking garage floors to look exactly like the hotel floors - which is extremely rare and hard to do - there is no way the parking garage extends under the hotel.  The hotel is connected ot the garage under the office building.  What's rendered are connecting halls; if it were a parking garage across the whole site they'd have simply continued the design of the parking garage.

7 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

Unless they've made up the parking garage floors to look exactly like the hotel floors - which is extremely rare and hard to do - there is no way the parking garage extends under the hotel.  The hotel is connected ot the garage under the office building.  What's rendered are connecting halls; if it were a parking garage across the whole site they'd have simply continued the design of the parking garage.

It could be the back section of those lower two floors. That's why a floorplan would be nice to have.

Maybe it's just easier to do the elevator towers in concrete while the office tower is going up, also in concrete (so far anyway). 

On 1/14/2018 at 4:56 PM, joeDowntown said:

A few photos from today. I haven’t been by this project in a bit and Thought it’d be a little taller by now. 

I work across the street and it seems they took about 10 days off after 01/01. Maybe because it was too cold to pour cement? 

2 minutes ago, kwl said:

I work across the street and it seems they took about 10 days off after 01/01. Maybe because it was too cold to pour cement? 

It may be,  IIRC  construction at Arena Place and 240 Ionia also seemed stalled during the winter of 2014 which was even colder than this one.  They were in the midst of concrete pouring during that time as well.  Although it's pure speculation on my end. 

12 hours ago, MJLO said:

It may be,  IIRC  construction at Arena Place and 240 Ionia also seemed stalled during the winter of 2014 which was even colder than this one.  They were in the midst of concrete pouring during that time as well.  Although it's pure speculation on my end. 

Probably pretty accurate. Once you get really cold,  especially below 20 degrees F, the concrete takes longer to cure because of the water content in it. On homes anyway. I assume it's the same in these applications.