Warner Building/Hyatt Place - Lyon and Ottawa/Pearl and Ottawa

mpchicago

• 3 weeks later...

Is this project going vertical Motel 6?  I hope not.  But I'm afraid of it.  Those dark panels on the original renderings appear to be vertical PTAC units (through the wall A/C) for each individual room that may have been less than honestly rendered.  They're now being trimmed out with pieces of bright aluminum that are in there at sort of an angle.  I'm hoping this doesn't end up looking as cheap as I'm picturing.  But I'm afraid we're probably getting some less than attractive looking louvers.  Yippee.

19 minutes ago, x99 said:

Is this project going vertical Motel 6?  I hope not.  But I'm afraid of it.  Those dark panels on the original renderings appear to be vertical PTAC units (through the wall A/C) for each individual room that may have been less than honestly rendered.  They're now being trimmed out with pieces of bright aluminum that are in there at sort of an angle.  I'm hoping this doesn't end up looking as cheap as I'm picturing.  But I'm afraid we're probably getting some less than attractive looking louvers.  Yippee.

42723813530_d0e60af3f7.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Warner Tower has filled out their spec floor with an East Grand Rapids insurance agency.  Van Wyk Risk Solutions is taking up the full 10th floor of the building.   Orion/Ellis probably would have been safe to add a few more spec floors, but as we know they were being ultra conservative with this building. <_<  No announcements for filling retail on the ground floor, with the exception of the Chemical Bank branch we knew about already.   Everything should be wrapped up on the site by the end of summer.

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/with-van-wyk-risk-solutions-lease-warner-building-in-downtown-gr-fills-up

13ba5af4e141ca44fcf1cb4382e00d29_XL.jpg

• Like 3

• GRDadof3 changed the title to Warner Building/Hyatt Place - Lyon and Ottawa/Pearl and Ottawa
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 7:19 AM, joeDowntown said:

It's looking good with the construction barriers gone on the Ottawa side and sidewalks and trees planted now. Are they going to open that sidewalk soon to pedestrians? It's been closed for what, 2 years? 

Just about, June 12th (my birthday), 2017. 

u

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting article about Class A office space demand. I wonder if Orion is kicking themselves for not adding a few more stories of speculative space. Sure would have been nice to have some extra height!

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/flight-to-quality-amenity-rich-class-a-office-space-still-in-demand-in-gr-suburban-markets

• 3 weeks later...