Twin City Lofts Condominimums in DT Winston

zalo

A $10 million development project to reposition the former Twin City Club Bldg. at the corner of N, Marshall & W. Fourth Streets in 21 for sale condominiums is weeks away from construction.  The former long time home of JC Penney before their move to Hanes Mall will feature expansive windows,, open interiors, exposed ceilings and polished concrete floors. The building will have a rooftop terrace with views of the city. Smallest units will be two-bedroom, two-bath units going for $325,000.

Gold's Gym will remain on the fist floor & basement. Residents will have an opportunity to join Gold's with a special rate.

http://www.twincity-lofts.com/residences

Here's a pic of the original Twin City Club bldg.

http://www.digitalforsyth.org/photos/5416

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been reported by the marketing agents from Leonard Ryden Burr Real Estate that over 50% of the units in this for sale project were reserved in the first 48 hours!!  Looks like there may be opportunity for additional for sale projects in Downtown Camel City!.

• 1 month later...

Demand has really been pent up for downtown units for purchase.  It has been years since new units were constructed and up for sale.  I hope this leads to more developments.  I don't foresee huge skyscraper buildings for sale but smaller buildings, rehabs of existing buildings and new office buildings with a few for-purchase units included.  Glad to hear there was a good response.  Wish them the best 

• 3 months later...

Updates on the progress of Twin City Lofts at North Marshall & West Fourth Streets.

Photos courtesy of Gem Cap:

Photo courtesy of LinvilleTeam Realty: From the old ballroom of the venerable Twin City Club.

Photos courtesy of TwinCity:

• 4 months later...

Work continues unabated on the this condo project, the first in DTWS in several years. Word is that over 50 percent of the units are now spoken for. The Gold's Gym lease was supposedly bought out by the building owners, :tw_anguished: Freeing up over 11,000 square feet of retail space on two levels. Got me wondering what they have planned there. Below is an undated rendering of what the final product will look like. Also included are recent updates courtesy of Dogwood.

10 minutes ago, zalo said:

Work continues unabated on the this condo project, the first in DTWS in several years. Word is that over 50 percent of the units are now spoken for. The Gold's Gym lease was supposedly bought out by the building owners, :tw_anguished: Freeing up over 11,000 square feet of retail space on two levels. Got me wondering what they have planned there. Below is an undated rendering of what the final product will look like. Also included are recent updates courtesy of Dogwood.

I walk past this site often as I visit Camino a good amount, the progress seems to be moving rather quickly now.  I hope the final product is a tad bit better than what some of the materials show now.  I'm glad that the Retail will replace Gold's.

• 3 weeks later...

It is good to see some new residential for-purchase opportunities opening up downtown and some brand new retail/restaurant space.  This end of Fourth Street needs a jolt of energy in the restaurant realm considering leftover space across the street in the Stevens Ctr and the Commerce building.  It used to be great seeing all the people eating outside here during the warm months.  Unfortunately those restaurants and buildings were cursed due to the odd nature of their design for restaurant space.  Having this brand new retail space in the condo building will likely bring new interest and provide a blank slate for a new restaurateur.  

Thinking about it now, this could be a good location for a downtown bowling alley/restaurant/bar concept.  I would think the 2-levels of retail space could easily fit the concept in the space.

Archived