Atherton Mill Redevelopment

archiham04

• 1 month later...

This is very encouraging. Look at all those Executed, In Negotiation and Letters of Intent on these spaces. 

image.png

I cannot stress it enough, If Atherton had its own train station it would be so gamechanging.

Edited by Guest

Okay who is the big 15,000 sq ft space?  Is that an Apple store (though seems way too big) or apparel store or what?  PURE speculation could it be a Sprouts?  I think this allergy medicine is making my head go wild.  Someone on here probably knows LOL

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Maybe the 15,000 sq ft space in another Alamo Drafthouse theater.  There are NO movie theaters anywhere nearby except uptown at Epicenter

Too small for Sprouts, and I'd imagine too short of ceilings for Alamo. I was thinking H&M, Zara, Club Monaco type store. 15,000 in this type of complex is anchor size. I know there are at least two "mall type softgoods" stores tied to these spaces.

That or an Urban Outfitters... Thats one of the things missing in our market, an 'urban' Urban

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Maybe the 15,000 sq ft space in another Alamo Drafthouse theater.  There are NO movie theaters anywhere nearby except uptown at Epicenter

That would be awesome! Alas, Alamo and other small-format theaters usually have footprints that are 30k-45k GSF. Fingers crossed for some sort of soft good or boutique fitness concept ^_^

• Like 1

That would be awesome! Alas, Alamo and other small-format theaters usually have footprints that are 30k-45k GSF. Fingers crossed for some sort of soft good or boutique fitness concept [emoji5]

Why more boutique fitness ugh, no more.

Design Center is getting a Fit Atelier, that’s like clothes plus workout, is that enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Why more boutique fitness ugh, no more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because those are one of the few remaining users that are making deals pencil these days :unsure: Though I suppose  Edens could "buy" a hard/soft good anchor if it thought it'd drive a better merchandising mix /placemaking thesis.

But you're right - I forgot how oversaturated South End is with boutique fitness lol.

25 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

Atherton Station is in the works.  As I understand the ped crossing (design) is funded and underway, and they are designing it to upgrade to full station stop.  I think the main question mark is how much money they can get from Publix and Atherton to build it.

Given the speed Publix takes to build their own stores on land they directly own... I can only imagine how long it would take for the internal approval process within that company to allocate money toward a rail station adjacent to a specific store. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

People will never know that the namesake mill is back there. 

I know, pretty sad - however, the placement of the mill didn't leave much room to showcase it in this project.Hopefully it is showcased on the rail trail side, which it appears to be.

• Like 1