Atherton Mill Redevelopment

archiham04

20 minutes ago, QCT1401 said:

Are there  plans in play to add a light rail stop for this development in the future?  I think that it would do wonders for the utilization of the retail here.  Not just because you would get light rail traffic, but because it would, in theory, add an area where rail trail users could cross without having to walk all the way down to Tremont and double back to access the area.

From what I understand Cats has put together enough money to add a pedestrian crossing here, and are working on funding to add another station here.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

From what I understand Cats has put together enough money to add a pedestrian crossing here, and are working on funding to add another station here.

Caught three separate people hopping the fence and crossing the tracks with cases of beer tonight. Two walking down to Sycamore and one walking back to Tripple C

1 minute ago, EllAyyDub said:

Edens & Crescent please do something to cover up this football field sized concrete block.  Blocking the beautiful old mill (4th pic) while the Lowe's across South does a better job integrating with the pedestrian experience..  Offer $5-$10 less in your TI packages and put it towards a mural or creative screening.   Millenials & Gen Z will come to take instagram pics and stay to buy things from your retailers it is worth it as a business development investment let along from a design standpoint.

What is the building in the 3rd pic?  I thought it was disguised construction site office but maybe connected to Lynx?

IMG-2505.JPG

IMG-2506.JPG

IMG-2508.JPG

IMG-2507.JPG

IMG-2504.JPG

Its actually related to Lynx. The construction office is Atherton Mill. Couldn't agree more about the travesty of a parking deck.

There is no way that doesn't get beautified...right??!!??  I'd be shocked if they don't add something.  I could live with something like this (from the Birmingham baseball stadium) which would be relatively inexpensive and easy (and is very cool in person):

Image result for birmingham barons regions fieldImage result for birmingham barons regions field

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JBS said:

There is no way that doesn't get beautified...right??!!??  I'd be shocked if they don't add something.  I could live with something like this (from the Birmingham baseball stadium) which would be relatively inexpensive and easy (and is very cool in person):

Image result for birmingham barons regions fieldImage result for birmingham barons regions field

The person I've talked to said it will be screened, but did not indicate how exactly, just gave me a "prepared answer."

24 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

I thought that monstrosity was going to have apartments in front of it or something.  That thing is a nightmare if it's left uncovered right on South Blvd

Agreed, this is rivaling Levin Design ™©®

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Oh geez, I thought that monstrosity was going to have apartments in front of it or something.  That thing is a nightmare if it's left uncovered right on South Blvd...

Feel like we need another C5 article calling out Crescent 

Crescent actually has very little to do with the design. MV+A designed it completely for Edens, and Crescent is just pitching in their residential development experience/prowess. Fun fact, Crescent originally pitched a massive high rise project here.

Edited by Guest

Either way, someone needs to get yelled at for this!  Haha

It'd be cool (or frustrating) to see some of these alternative renderings one day..  Similar to when I first move to the area seeing renderings for the old condo building where Long Animal Hospital now is.  Not that I ever thought it'd get built, just like to see what once was planned for the area too

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

14 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

Any insight as to why the high rise never materialized?

nope, probably just too expensive in todays construction market.

18 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Either way, someone needs to get yelled at for this!  Haha

It'd be cool (or frustrating) to see some of these alternative renderings one day..  Similar to when I first move to the area seeing renderings for the old condo building where Long Animal Hospital now is.  Not that I ever thought it'd get built, just like to see what once was planned for the area too

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370Ask and you shall receive.

image.png

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like Charlotte is always getting the 'short end of the Value Engineering stick':tw_frown:

Anyway - do you guys think this development will lease up (Residential portion) as quickly as the Apartment at South Blvd & Remount Rd?  I heard they were at 50% leased within 6-9 months of opening.

• 4 weeks later...
From the light rail side. Would be nice if they cleaned up all those weeds and what not. 

BE14F264-EB70-4944-BCFC-DA21E00FFBA6.thumb.jpeg.61243544769d28afc8d62abcf63b57f2.jpeg&key=29e864a679109f48fe82134afffc587573c376006d080c63c6e746f878e0dd96

They will... the rail trail will be extended down into here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...