Atherton Mill Redevelopment

archiham04

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, CTiger said:

Crane crew came by on Saturday to take down the tower crane.  Lord have mercy on anyone who attempted to drive South on South Blvd Saturday afternoon (like me).  It had traffic backed up from Atherton, all the way to 277 at one point.

*Bonus - Look closely and you can see some graffiti on the Atherton garage.  Its been there for a while, but I don't know if anyone has shared a picture of it yet.

20181215_141551.jpg

Bonus Railtrail construction too.

Atherton Mill Apartments vs Bradford Apartments (New Bern Ln) location.  Which location is better in your opinion and why?

Currently I think Atherton is closer to the heart of Southend but Bradford has better connectivity and will have  good amount of retail.  Also Bradford is across the street from the Harris Teeter.  

7 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

FYI, that isn't a current rendering.  There is a little street parking, but that is true of other places along South Boulevard too.  Granted, I would prefer not to park in those spots, but I don't think similar locations have led to increased accidents.  @j-man, you have been busy on UP the last couple of days.  Welcome.  Is this a bit of a full-time job for you?

Was that a backhand compliment? no this is no full time job, but my job directly relates to it. And I am actually at work now. Thanks:)

18 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I've used the parallel spots in front of Publix. It was fine. The additional intersections and parking will help continue to slow South down and make it more friendly to everyone.

But this one is more so on a curb is why I say that.

7 minutes ago, j-man said:

But this one is more so on a curb is why I say that.

And so will these spaces, and the new intersection will help a ton. I don't think I've shared this rendering before.

1.jpg

26 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I've used the parallel spots in front of Publix. It was fine. The additional intersections and parking will help continue to slow South down and make it more friendly to everyone.

I've used the ones in front of Publix as well as the spots in front of the new Solis apartments.  I didn't feel very safe parking in either.  Cars truly fly down South Boulevard and it only takes one person texting to smash into you going 45 mph.  

I think that all the development along South Blvd has been awesome, and it already feels like the area is getting life pumped into it, but I wonder what the future of the actual road will look like.  The stretch of South between 277 and Scaleybark badly needs designated turn lanes and some way to slow cars down and improve the road for bikers and pedestrians.

20 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I love the street parking. That's bare minimum necessary in any city environment. If boggles my mind how many new developments have not added street parking.

This is a requirement, most have added on street parking as is regulated. 

Edited by Guest