Atherton Mill Redevelopment

archiham04

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

Give me a break I was on vacation all last week I forgot  lo siento!   Not like there is a new announcement of retail or restaurant or bar every week in this town LOL 

the things I posted were from October and November ;-). Although I did get in trouble for mentioning Sephora in my article :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

My friend sent this to me from Wednesday view from Sycamore.  They really covered up the mill.  Not my favorite. This whole project is just....

IMG_6049.jpg

Well. I think the Rail Trail will make up for it. A lot.

Rail Trail is already too crowded on weekends mid day to comfortably bicycle.

Add in that every other block you need to change sides, and the trail/road interaction at road intersections is pretty bad...

Yes it's a great thing obviously better than nothing but there is a LOT of room for improvement.

Edited by Matthew.Brendan
words
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Rail Trail is already too crowded on weekends mid day to comfortably bicycle.

Add in that every other block you need to change sides, and the trail/road interaction at road intersections is pretty bad...

Yes it's a great thing obviously better than nothing but there is a LOT of room for improvement.

Well with Hawkins Tower by Portman, and Atherton Mill, there will be a ton more open space, and some gaps are going to be closed. I expect Atherton plans today. I have an article i'm doing, but I'll post them here too.

5 hours ago, CTiger said:

The Off Broadway Shoe property and the Autobell/weird Canon Pharmacy building are effing up the South Blvd side of the rail trail pretty badly.  If those two links could be created, you would have a connected trail on both sides of the tracks from New Bern to Tremont.  That would clear up a lot of the congestion.  Unfortunately, I think the worst of the congestion is on the stretch that runs along Camden where there is only trail on one side of the tracks.  It would be awesome if the city would fix that link as well, but I won't hold my breath.

The rail trail could be Charlotte's best asset if done correctly.  It feels like we are getting closer.

There are plans to make it at least passable until those parcels are eventually redeveloped.

http://www.charlotterailtrail.org/projects/grove-field

• Like 3

On 3/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

well Offbroadway Shoes is owned by Asana, who did Design Center, Fat Burrito redo, etc. They have longterm plans to do something there. 

...aren't they (Asana) competitors with Edens, who is developing Atherton Mills retail?  Completing the link at Off Broadway would greatly benefit the Atherton retail... hmmmmm  i wonder if the delay in this connection is strategic?

4 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

...aren't they (Asana) competitors with Edens, who is developing Atherton Mills retail?  Completing the link at Off Broadway would greatly benefit the Atherton retail... hmmmmm  i wonder if the delay in this connection is strategic?

Rising tide lifts all boats...

Photos and update on Atherton Mill redevelopment from Business Journal.  check out photo 15 it shows the Portman office site on Hawkins across the LYNX and the apartments have great views of the  skyline or least some of them.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/04/03/photos-an-update-on-atherton-mills-100m-revamp-in.html

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
I couldn’t grab a pic, but Barry’s Bootcamp was putting up branded window decals.  Still interested to see what might be in store for parking deck, as RDF alluded to, but this is looking good.58035698-BB42-4ACC-B4BE-839C1B251C24.thumb.jpeg.5c670bc4c347c9f00c7a4158cfb88868.jpeg&key=e40e42b8aa36b32bee67a32cdbfa2f2c4f1bc47193e55be556ac3a036741baad

It’s what my contacts alluded too, I don’t believe them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...