Atherton Mill Redevelopment

archiham04

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/18/2018 at 12:14 PM, CTiger said:

Are there  plans in play to add a light rail stop for this development in the future?  I think that it would do wonders for the utilization of the retail here.  Not just because you would get light rail traffic, but because it would, in theory, add an area where rail trail users could cross without having to walk all the way down to Tremont and double back to access the area.

Yes. Its called Rampart Crossing and its funded and will open by 2020. the new station is partially funded, and will take longer.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

What the heck is going on with that steel frame in the last photo?  A covering I suppose, but what will end result look like?

Interestingly this isn't part of the approved plans. But when I spoke to Edens, for this write up they said every tenant has free rein with their store front facing both the street and the inside of the parking garage.

I just don’t get why any developer wants to stand out anymore. It’s like every other apartment building looks the same. Is it that hard to do something a little different. Maybe a complete  (vibrant and colorful) stucco exterior. Rounded balconies, just something. I just feel the same styles are being reused with different addresses.

Edited by j-man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, j-man said:

I just don’t get why ang developer wants to stand out anymore. It’s like every other apartment building looks the same. Is it that hard to do something a little different. Maybe a complete  (vibrant and colorful) stucco exterior. Rounded balconies, just something. I just feel the same styles are being reused with different addresses.

Sadly, all the developers here care about is $$$. That's the case most places, but especially here. They are all flipping projects in a booming market and very few hold long term, so there's little incentive to do great projects.

• Like 1

Sadly, all the developers here care about is $$$. That's the case most places, but especially here. They are all flipping projects in a booming market and very few hold long term, so there's little incentive to do great projects.

There’s not a super lux market in Charlotte. That’s what drives interesting architecture elsewhere. Here we are trying to give 25 year old finance kids salt water pools, a place to park 2 cars and that’s about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Slow drive bys today of Atherton Mill redux.  Bonus shot of Legacy from South Blvd. 

IMG_2348.JPG

Hope those street trees grow fast, this will be a hot stretch of pavement July-August.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Hope those street trees grow fast, this will be a hot stretch of pavement July-August.

I think when I'm in town in September, I'm going to go to Campbell's greenhouse and buy up all their ivy, then walk over here and plant it on the parking deck grounds.