urbanvb

Premier Apartments Progress

Very Nice!

On another note  related to the interconnected world of regional retail,  and specifically re: Virginia Beach Town Center and MacArthur Center,  a very reliable contact of mine told me that one of the Nordstrom brothers and a few members of the Norfolk City Council toured the MacArthur Center store recently.  Not exactly sure what they were doing there.  There are a couple of rumors, but I'm not going to repeat them because I have no idea if they're true. But one thing I do know is that there hasn't been a dedicated shoe salesperson in men's shoes for over six months. I know this by multiple personal visits, and it has also been confirmed by an employee. Very odd for any department store, much less a Nordstrom.  Shoes have always been their specialty. 

Edited by baobabs727

That tower (does it have a name yet?) is surprisingly effective in increasing the urban feel of the Pembroke area. Very busy night in Pembroke tonight. Actually sounds like a city out there. Looks like a city too.

20171027_182410.jpg

• Like 2

Every time I pass by the block of land that's being demolished for Sifen's strip mall I want to cry. So much wasted potential. Only good thing is maybe it'll spur development of Town Center North.

1 hour ago, vdogg said:

Every time I pass by the block of land that's being demolished for Sifen's strip mall I want to cry. So much wasted potential. Only good thing is maybe it'll spur development of Town Center North.

Me too. And when i think of City View i wanna cry. :(

On 11/8/2017 at 4:30 PM, BFG said:

20171108_162640.jpg

20171108_162844.jpg

I love thes photos. Makes Virginia Beach look so urban and dense. :D

• Like 1

I think you guys mean City Walk. City View is still scheduled to be developed, though they're taking their sweet time.

• Like 1

I almost thought I'd wandered into another city's thread. Town Center is looking pretty good!

On 4/17/2018 at 2:27 AM, urbanlife said:

Minus the generic looking columns, this might be my favorite development block in the Town Center.

I love it overall, but perhaps the columns should've been square in shape? Or clad in black.

Edited by baobabs727

10 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

I love it overall, but perhaps the columns should've been square in shape? Or clad in black.

Or not at all,  am not a fan of decorative columns, I like when columns have a purpose like holding up weight. 

• Like 1

You can't  really tell from those night shots above, but I drove past it today and there is really some nice woodwork on the retail side of the building.

It looks really good, this is what VB should be doing, building a lot of this size projects combined with a bunch of 4+1 apartment building blocks. It would be so amazing if that is what Pembroke Mall site became with a big urban mall connecting the town center area to the Pembroke Mall area.