gman430

Alta Vista Place condos

18 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2015 at 9:50 PM, Jet-set said:

From their website:

3Final-color-drawing-for-web

http://altavistaplace.com/

Alta-Vista-Place-Greenville-Location-Map

This is a fantastic looking building. Amazing what just a few moments of creativity, character, and intentionality can do for architecture. Other Greenville architects and developers take note... Please! 

1 person likes this

Work on this development is coming along nicely. image.thumb.jpeg.461bb6daa806e6e0a8248d4image.thumb.jpeg.c6bbf52d0eab4c8844117f3

Construction is moving on this. It's looks like a nice quality construction, but I wonder who is buying these? I was walking down this street yesterday evening at 6 and rap music is BLARING from Sirrine stadium. It's not just football nights anymore, music is blaring in the evening hours and some Saturday/Sunday afternoons for soccer and lacrosse games. Really no fan related noise, just really bad taped music screaming from the speakers inside the stadium. Plus, you've got the play-by-play announcements over the speakers and impacting the quiet enjoyment up to 1/4 mile, too. 

Granted, the school system is not violating any ordinances, BUT if you were a buyer shelling out $900k, plus, would you be okay with being across the street from this?  Sure, there is a noise trade off for living in an urban area, but this is a different kind of pollution all together. I hope they are able to sell these units at those prices. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Maybe they will be soundproof. ;)

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, FUgrad02 said:

Construction is moving on this. It's looks like a nice quality construction, but I wonder who is buying these? I was walking down this street yesterday evening at 6 and rap music is BLARING from Sirrine stadium. It's not just football nights anymore, music is blaring in the evening hours and some Saturday/Sunday afternoons for soccer and lacrosse games. Really no fan related noise, just really bad taped music screaming from the speakers inside the stadium. Plus, you've got the play-by-play announcements over the speakers and impacting the quiet enjoyment up to 1/4 mile, too. 

Granted, the school system is not violating any ordinances, BUT if you were a buyer shelling out $900k, plus, would you be okay with being across the street from this?  Sure, there is a noise trade off for living in an urban area, but this is a different kind of pollution all together. I hope they are able to sell these units at those prices. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Maybe they will be soundproof. ;)

Football is played on Friday nights maybe six times a year. No big deal. 

4 hours ago, FUgrad02 said:

Noise is a tradeoff for living in the center of the city. If it were country or rock music would it still be noise? How about the loud Harleys that ride behind my home daily? I understand there is going to be noise. If I want quiet I'd move to the country. 

5 hours ago, FUgrad02 said:

Think this comes with the area. I doubt any of the current residents care. In fact, having a stadium within walking distance can be a bonus real estate wise. 

I doubt anyone in the neighborhood near Death Valley cares when its gameday either...

I live at South Ridge and never notice the noise. Go figure. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, gman said:

Football is played on Friday nights maybe six times a year. No big deal. 

It's not just football games on 6 Fridays in the Fall. It's mens and womens soccer and lacrosse teams, and don't forget saturday afternoon band practice in the Fall. It all adds up. Pay a million and hear that? I think that is interesting. 

16 hours ago, gman430 said:

I live at South Ridge and never notice the noise. Go figure. 

That is because the speakers point in the opposite direction, toward the development.

17 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

Noise is a tradeoff for living in the center of the city. If it were country or rock music would it still be noise? How about the loud Harleys that ride behind my home daily? I understand there is going to be noise. If I want quiet I'd move to the country. 

Country or rock? Yes, it would all certainly be considered noise pollution. What exactly are you getting at? A random Harley is one thing, but 45-60 minutes of warm up music and loud play by play announcements up to several times a week in Spring and Fall is another altogether. 

But I'm sure buyers putting down 900k - 1.4 million will do their due diligence on that aspect of living there. 

Edited by FUgrad02

36 minutes ago, FUgrad02 said:

It's not just football games on 6 Fridays in the Fall. It's mens and womens soccer and lacrosse teams, and don't forget saturday afternoon band practice in the Fall. It all adds up. Pay a million and hear that? I think that is interesting. 

That is because the speakers point in the opposite direction, toward the development.

Country or rock? Yes, it would all certainly be considered noise pollution. What exactly are you getting at? A random Harley is one thing, but 45-60 minutes of warm up music and loud play by play announcements up to several times a week in Spring and Fall is another altogether. 

But I'm sure buyers putting down 900k - 1.4 million will do their due diligence on that aspect of living there. 

You don't move downtown for quietness, and yes people will pay this. The Harleys aren't random. They ride in a large group going to a local bar. More noise than anything else mentioned.

DSC02133_zpshevi6l3i.jpg

1 person likes this

DSC02156_zpskf5tq8jj.jpg

DSC02649_zpsjsviytwv.jpg

3 people like this