Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

"Ice cream fans watch out

Stucchi's, a well known Ann Arbor ice cream joint, is coming to Eastown. More on that soon."

CKnape's Blog

Ohboy Ohboy Ohboy!

Isn't there already and ice cream place at wealthy and lake, and then there's jersey junction in egr. Is there really room for more ice cream?

Isn't there already and ice cream place at wealthy and lake, and then there's jersey junction in egr. Is there really room for more ice cream?

Stucchi's is more like Jersey Junction than the soft-serve joint attached to Subway at Wealthy and Lake.

I'd say they're likely to make it just fine wherever they head. They'll get some business from me, that's for sure. I loved going there in Ann Arbor.

Stucchi's is more like Jersey Junction than the soft-serve joint attached to Subway at Wealthy and Lake.

I'd say they're likely to make it just fine wherever they head. They'll get some business from me, that's for sure. I loved going there in Ann Arbor.

Amen. I have been to the Subway place once (snobby counter person, high prices) and then a second time just to see if they were having a bad day. Nope, seems like a characteristic rather than a fluke.

Stucchi's became available in pints in A2's Krogers....mmmmm....French Silk!

i Have an interesting tidbit about a new restaurant coming DT... a big chain (I know some of you dont like chains... but they do bring people). look for an announcement LATE this year early next!!! :whistling:

Are you going to share the tidbit before the official announcement or do we have to wait?

I have to say I like some chains downtown, it shows that the "big guys" are willing to invest in DT.

i Have an interesting tidbit about a new restaurant coming DT... a big chain (I know some of you dont like chains... but they do bring people). look for an announcement LATE this year early next!!! :whistling:

Rhymes with?

Or where did you hear this interesting tidbit...

Or what building is it going in?

Edited by NorthEnder

Is Stucchi's much like Baskin Robins? I want to go back to Holland sometime this summer JUST because of that Baskin Robbins. Mmm.

Baskin Robbins the world's largest ice cream chain in all 50 states and 40+ countries?

Heck, why bother driving to Holland, their ice cream's available here in GR at 4 different spots.

I don't think it was Baskin Robbins I was thinking of. A rather well-known Ice Cream company that I didn't expect to see having a store. They also had cakes and pies. Maybe it was a Ben & Jerry's? I just remember it struck my by surprise as it was really unexpected to see (at all) and really seemed to be quite the hot spot in downtown Holland.