Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

Hey, has Bite closed down already, or are they still open?

I think it is still open though I don't know for how long. I drove by last night and saw people walking in and out of the building. I ate there a few weeks ago and they were out of a type of liqour and mentioned they were not planning on restocking it because of the change over.

Has anyone been to the Monarch Club? Just curious of reviews...

I thought it was pretty nice. The interior is very well done. Decent selection of draft beers, larger selection of bottled, some of which are a little different than you'd see elsewhere. The bar tender was very friendly. I didn't try the food, but my drinking buddy said it was a decent wrap of some sort. I recommend it. :thumbsup:

FYI...SanChez and Mezze will be combining menus soon. They will still maintain seperate identities with different atmospheres but will now have one, huge, combined menu.

Too many people have been trying to order items off the other's menu so they decided to just let us have our choice of everything!

at least you caught my good side....errr... nevermind.

Well, since the lease sign is gone, its probably fair to assume that a lease has been signed, so I'm not spilling any beans there. The tenant is working through some build-out budget issues. I'm not invovled in the project so I can't say anymore than that, but if it happens it'll be pretty cool.

FYI...SanChez and Mezze will be combining menus soon. They will still maintain seperate identities with different atmospheres but will now have one, huge, combined menu.

Too many people have been trying to order items off the other's menu so they decided to just let us have our choice of everything!

Wow, thats good news. I love San Chez, and it will be nice to get some of the traditional San Chez fare when at Mezze. That is rocking. Eagle... you know if that's happening within the month? Or further out then that?

Ottawa Street Tavern was doing a couple days of "trial runs" last Friday and again on yesterday. I work in the Waters Building so I was able to check it out at lunch on Friday and talk to one of the shift managers. I kind of like where they're going with it. They've got a decent food menu (standard pub fare) and everything is under $5. Paper menus and pencils are at every table, so you just fill out your menu and give it to your server. Their burger menu has just about every topping combination you could ever imagine. Kitchen will be staying open until 2 am.

Drink prices are impressive, too. $1.50 PBR and Moosehead, wines starting at $3.00, $2.50 wells, $3.25 "mid shelf" and $3.75 premium mixed drinks. These are the prices ALL the time. They put up a ton of new TVs, they have PlayStations and XBoxes for people to rent, a jukebox, and he said they'll be having live music on the weekend.

Ottawa Street Tavern was doing a couple days of "trial runs" last Friday and again on yesterday. I work in the Waters Building so I was able to check it out at lunch on Friday and talk to one of the shift managers. I kind of like where they're going with it. They've got a decent food menu (standard pub fare) and everything is under $5. Paper menus and pencils are at every table, so you just fill out your menu and give it to your server. Their burger menu has just about every topping combination you could ever imagine. Kitchen will be staying open until 2 am.

Drink prices are impressive, too. $1.50 PBR and Moosehead, wines starting at $3.00, $2.50 wells, $3.25 "mid shelf" and $3.75 premium mixed drinks. These are the prices ALL the time. They put up a ton of new TVs, they have PlayStations and XBoxes for people to rent, a jukebox, and he said they'll be having live music on the weekend.

So is Bite out completely?

Don't hide rumours, that makes for a boring internets.

Ok.

I heard there's going to be a Restaurant in 1/2 and a nightclub/lounge type in the other 1/2 with a common kitchen serving both. Hearing who was involved with the project makes me think the lounge section will have a live house/trance DJ spinning on most nights. I would also guess the lounge will have a higher end feel, like a Chicago style place (bottle service, very nice atmosphere).

Of course.. that's just a well informed rumor I had heard.. might be a Cracker Barrell for all I know.. :ph34r:

Ok.

I heard there's going to be a Restaurant in 1/2 and a nightclub/lounge type in the other 1/2 with a common kitchen serving both. Hearing who was involved with the project makes me think the lounge section will have a live house/trance DJ spinning on most nights. I would also guess the lounge will have a higher end feel, like a Chicago style place (bottle service, very nice atmosphere).

Of course.. that's just a well informed rumor I had heard.. might be a Cracker Barrell for all I know.. :ph34r:

High end trance style clubs don't go over well.

See "The stack."

Could anybody expound on "The Stack"? I've never heard of it.

Oh, and I guess I should be getting a few demo cd's ready =o

It was the club over at American Seating Park...lasted 6months maybe. They painted "The Stack" in big letters along the smoke stack. Never went myself...but I know they had 20' projection screens with crazy videos playing and loud techno music. Not my scene whatsoever.

It was the club over at American Seating Park...lasted 6months maybe. They painted "The Stack" in big letters along the smoke stack. Never went myself...but I know they had 20' projection screens with crazy videos playing and loud techno music. Not my scene whatsoever.

That sounds like a perfect location for a such a club. Wonder why it failed.