dbrok

Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

If im correct, the new bbq/ chicken place is another Corey Hart/ Shannon Williams venture. Does anyone know what's the hold up on its opening?

It's actually Tommy Fitzgeralds place. Owner or exec. chef (not sure if he's both) of the recently destroyed Jimmy's grill in Lowell. He is the executive chef though of Corey and Shannon's new place so you're close. I think he's probably just overwhelmed with work at the moment with Churchills opening late this month and Jimmy's burning down last week.

Haha...I know exactly where that is :whistling:

Geez...Green Well, Meanwhile, new coffee house, ICCF, etc., etc...looks like East Hills is the place to be!!!

Sign is up at The Green Well. It's 924 Cherry, just next to the DA Blodget building. grand opening events start next week: www.thegreenwell.com

green Well is a Gastro Pub - now that's something different!

Sign is up at The Green Well. It's 924 Cherry, just next to the DA Blodget building. grand opening events start next week: www.thegreenwell.com

green Well is a Gastro Pub - now that's something different!

What's your affiliation?

/cynic

Well, looks like what i heard was incorrect. There's a sign in 48 West's window saying they're reopening tonight.

There was also a "Celebrate The Grand Reopening" ad in the paper yesterday. I thought for sure they were done for. That's good news - I had a good diner there the time I went.

Heard a "rumor" so to speak that "The Stack" is reopening as "The Stack" on New Years Eve. Anyone else hear this?

Heard a "rumor" so to speak that "The Stack" is reopening as "The Stack" on New Years Eve. Anyone else hear this?

I hope they have the huge cover charge, loud music, and over priced drinks again.

That'd be sweet.

I hope they have the huge cover charge, loud music, and over priced drinks again.

That'd be sweet.

Extended warranty? I can't lose!

Never made it to The Stack before it met its maker. Mabye it'll do better this time around.

Ok, so I have some updated information from someone I consider reliable..

Yes, the building is going to reopen, but not as "The Stack". It will be remodled, new decor and a "new atmosphere", and will happen sometime after the New Year, but no exact date has been set.

The person who I got this from was going to post, but forgot thier password :rolleyes:

Any updates on the bat Hopcat out there?? I heard initially it was to open Nov. 17th, which would be great cuz Founder's Grand Opening is the same night and we have friends coming in from The Windy City to visit!!

What's up with that awful looking brick on the upper right hand corner? :whistling:

:P Yeah, I wonder who owns that building?

What's up with that awful looking brick on the upper right hand corner? :whistling:

You mean across the street, near the CW guy?

I do believe that's the Kendall Bldg. And I hear it's for sale...

hey everyone,

chad here from restaurant bloom. we just opened last week in our new downtown spot and would love everyone to come down and check it out. we are really happy with the the menu and the drink list and it is just going to be getting better, but we really need your support. and where else in town can you get goose, rabbit, beet cheesecake and many other great things. so if you have the time stop down and say hi.

I don't know if Hopcat is still opening on the 17th, but they're definitely doing some serious work in there. I can't see much through the windows, but I can hear what sounds like a jackhammer from a few floors up...

hey everyone,

chad here from restaurant bloom. we just opened last week in our new downtown spot and would love everyone to come down and check it out. we are really happy with the the menu and the drink list and it is just going to be getting better, but we really need your support. and where else in town can you get goose, rabbit, beet cheesecake and many other great things. so if you have the time stop down and say hi.

Welcome to UP Chad! My wife and I and our neighbors may check it out Saturday night. :thumbsup: BTW: Do you guys have a liquor license there? :dontknow:

I've heard a lot of great things about Bloom, and I hope the new location goes great!

You mean across the street, near the CW guy?

I do believe that's the Kendall Bldg. And I hear it's for sale...

Is that the building that was a Revco in the very early 1970's? (Revco took away one of my favorite lunch/ice cream sundae counters when I worked in the Keeler Buildling.)

I heard that there is a new Ethiopian restaurant in Eastown.

I have not been able to get over to Eastown yet...can anyone confirm this?

It's coming. They're going to have noodles and rice to sub for Injera...and silverware too.