Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

Not to start an argument, but I love walking around downtown. It doesn't bother me to park a ways away to walk to my destination. It gives me a chance to enjoy the scenery.

Think of bigger cities, good luck finding a parking spot anywhere! I guess that's why there is better PT.

But I understand your gripe when looking for 10 min takeout. I guess do as others do in other cities: double park with your hazards on, run in, run out.

Not to start an argument, but I love walking around downtown. It doesn't bother me to park a ways away to walk to my destination. It gives me a chance to enjoy the scenery.

Think of bigger cities, good luck finding a parking spot anywhere! I guess that's why there is better PT.

But I understand your gripe when looking for 10 min takeout. I guess do as others do in other cities: double park with your hazards on, run in, run out.

:rofl: Who says people don't do that already? (I know I have)

I swear, you do that around here and the parking guys are RIGHT THERE in a minute. How is that possible? :P It's got to be tough running a take-out operation for the restaurants on Monroe Center. And take-out is becoming a bigger and bigger revenue source for most restaurants.

I swear, you do that around here and the parking guys are RIGHT THERE in a minute. How is that possible? :P It's got to be tough running a take-out operation for the restaurants on Monroe Center. And take-out is becoming a bigger and bigger revenue source for most restaurants.

I havent gotten caught yet, but I bet im just hedging my bets here.

I rarely pay the meters, and if I do, I put in about 15 mins worth. :ph34r: I wouldn't recommend double-parking with the hazards on on Monroe Center...that means you're blocking the whole dang street! :P I agree that even a couple 10-minute-only parking spaces that are strictly enforced might be a good idea for take-out and the like. Now someone at the city will read this and decide to build a parking ramp right on Monroe Center. :wacko::sick:

Edited by andy112129

Didn't they already build one on Lake Mich Dr in Tallmadge Twp by the new Meijer? Or maybe that was something else....hmmm....

There is one there, and That is still Walker if this is right:

http://www.ci.walker.mi.us/Resources/Agend...005/a051207.htm

The current one wants to enclose the patio thats all it reads :P I think Walker is all the way out to 8th avenue. (Although it still would be tallmadge township)

I didn't feel like going back through 17 pages of posts to look :P , but did anyone else see the Beaners - Coming Soon sign on the ground floor of McKay Tower? The Northwest corner out on Pearl if you're in that area.

Also, anyone hear any more about Ritz Coney Island on Ionia near McFaddens. It looks like they are getting ready to open.

One of these days soon we're going to wake up and all the retail spots will be taken downtown, and we'll all say "when did that happen?". :thumbsup:

Jeff

Also, anyone hear any more about Ritz Coney Island on Ionia near McFaddens. It looks like they are getting ready to open.

Jeff

Snagged a photo of Koney Island this afternoon. Looked like one the employees was working on hanging something in the window or painting:

koneyisland.jpg

• 4 weeks later...