Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

• 2 weeks later...

I ate at Mangiamos on Saturday. I'd never been to Gibsons so I thought the house was awesome by itself, lots of cool woodwork, etc. We were told we had a 55 minute wait which turned into a 1 hour and 40 minute wait (stupid valentines dances ;)). The wait was fine except the bar was SO busy we didn't get a drink for about an hour. The food was DELICIOUS. Calamari, Lasagna, Farfalle, and 3 domestic beers for about $40. I'll definately be back.

You have a lot more patience than I do. :shok:

What restaurant do you own?

I heard it from a friend who knows Huntley (sp?) and heard it from the horses mouth. Also, my Mom was eating at one in the Detroit area and the manager said GR would be getting one in Fall 2006. I'm just trying to figure out where. It seems like the prime 28th Street frontage has been taken unless they plan on building near Dick's Sporting Goods.

Joe

I have heard the PF Changs rumor too, I can't confirm it tho, i've been trying to figure it out, seeing as my restaurant (I manage it) is right next door to Waterfall Shoppes. But from Cascade Twp. I get nothing. They are a brick wall.

It may be we see them because of Comcast... Maybe they just blanket advertise (are there any in Detroit?)...

i always wonder why i see them all the time ,when i dont think theres any by Flint...and its not because of comcast, because i have Charter for cable and i see them all the time

edit: sorry, that was a little off topic and kind of irrelevant

Edited by dtown

I saw yesterday on my weekly pilgramage to o'tooles that Monte's has a whole new facade/windows. Looks really nice, someone who drives by it everyday should take a picture to share with us :whistling:

Now if only I could see past the black tarps they have on the other side of those windows blocking my view.... :ph34r:

I saw yesterday on my weekly pilgramage to o'tooles that Monte's has a whole new facade/windows. Looks really nice, someone who drives by it everyday should take a picture to share with us :whistling:

Now if only I could see past the black tarps they have on the other side of those windows blocking my view.... :ph34r:

Yeah I'll get one soon. Personally I think it looks funny, it's a lot of thin peices of glass.

i always wonder why i see them all the time ,when i dont think theres any by Flint...and its not because of comcast, because i have Charter for cable and i see them all the time

edit: sorry, that was a little off topic and kind of irrelevant

The closest one is in South Bend, IN. There are none in Michigan (infact there are none in any state that borders Canada, which is odd)

Edited by snoogit

Any news yet on the restaurant that is going into the red building at Louis and Ionia? The windows are papered over, and a Cornerstone Architects sign is in the window. If done correctly, this could be an excellent lynchpin connecting the Ionia St entertainment district with Monroe Center.

It's a guy out of Detroit preparing original sammies, coffee house atmosphere with wi fi.