Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

I'm telling you, the area could use another bar or two, even with the approved Meanwhile project. With 20,000 residents living within a 15 minute walk at most, bring it on.

Don't forget the red wine, I prefer a Shiraz.

I know it's not Easttown but our place is on Croswell in Gaslight Village. Full bar/no smoking. I don't want to look like I am trying to advertise but I would put my pizza up against anyones.

I know it's not Eastown but our place is on Croswell in Gaslight Village. Full bar/no smoking. I don't want to look like I am trying to advertise but I would put my pizza up against anyones.

Even though I don't care for pizza, I do enjoy Big Bob's Pizza, they have more than just pizza. It's a great place to go with my girlfriends and their babies. We'll stroller up there and enjoy a glass of wine in the smokefree environment. Gaslight Village is my ol'stomping grounds.

BBP, I just checked you out on GRNow's website and submitted my rating.

BBP, I just checked you out on GRNow's website and submitted my rating.

Does anyone else use the reviews and ratings on GRNow? I use it all the time, its fun to write reviews on there of the places I've tried, I hope someone finds them helpful! With the restaurant review thread, collectively there are a lot of restaurant experiences here!

Does anyone know the name of the restaurtant that is going in at Breton Village Mall? It's got yellow exterior and looks very interesting. I've driven past it many times on my way in to D&W and haven't seen any signs.

The Omlette Shop. The owners are Restaurant Partners which own Beltline Bar, Bagel Beanery, Sundance Grill, and now the Omlette Shop (There are currently two locations in Traverse City)

I ate lunch there today, although they are not officially open until Monday. The food was delicious! I highly recommend them. Their portions are smaller then Wolfgangs but adequate.

I'm telling you, the area could use another bar or two, even with the approved Meanwhile project. With 20,000 residents living within a 15 minute walk at most, bring it on.

Don't forget the red wine, I prefer a Shiraz.

I agree! I just talked to my friend who owns 15-20 homes in Eastown, and he said is next project will be buying an old retail building. I'm going to push for him to go with a bar.

Hopefully, somebody else has something in the works, though, because this will be a few years off.

Yes GR1, I like to read the reviews on GRNow. They have been very helpful when I am planning different options for an evening. When friends or family come to Grand Rapids, I like to try and take them somewhere different to show them how great Grand Rapids is. Thank you and everyone else that has contributed to the reviews on both GRNow and this thread!

Does anyone else use the reviews and ratings on GRNow? I use it all the time, its fun to write reviews on there of the places I've tried, I hope someone finds them helpful! With the restaurant review thread, collectively there are a lot of restaurant experiences here!

Anyone know when Old Chicago is supposed to open on 28th-E. Beltline? They have an excellent "World Beer Tour" promotion. You drink their selection of beers (100+), earning rewards and trying beers from all over. Only downside is the limit of 4 different beers a day . . . :P Food's not TOO bad - good pizza, but beer is def. the draw.

Anyone know when Old Chicago is supposed to open on 28th-E. Beltline? They have an excellent "World Beer Tour" promotion. You drink their selection of beers (100+), earning rewards and trying beers from all over. Only downside is the limit of 4 different beers a day . . . :P Food's not TOO bad - good pizza, but beer is def. the draw.

Welcome mhelm! I don't know when it's supposed to open, but they had a program like that at Pilsner Club in Kzoo. Never finished my Passport, but tried real hard :alc:

Hey Big Bob Pizza, glad the new place is working well, I like your pizza and the new place is very nice. I live in your old neighborhood however, and really wou;d have liked yopu to do the same thing here. There has been a big gap since you left...any chance of you coming back with a bigger/better concept?

We actually looked at leasing the space next door to our old location prior to moving here. That building was quite old and our landlord really wasn't prepared to invest money on upgrades. We actually had to close there twice because it was raining in our kitchen.

But I understand what you mean, that is a great neighborhood there.

They have an excellent "World Beer Tour" promotion. You drink their selection of beers (100+), earning rewards and trying beers from all over. Only downside is the limit of 4 different beers a day . . . :P Food's not TOO bad - good pizza, but beer is def. the draw.

Logan's Alley has that too, only, no limit.

We actually looked at leasing the space next door to our old location prior to moving here. That building was quite old and our landlord really wasn't prepared to invest money on upgrades. We actually had to close there twice because it was raining in our kitchen.

But I understand what you mean, that is a great neighborhood there.

I must say, my father in law loves your coffee, says its the only place that will serve him a shot-in-the-dark with 4 shots of expresso, every thursday night, before he teaches at aquinas. I really did enjoy big bob's for the coffee too, unfortunately I haven't been there for pizza yet, although I hear that is great too.

Good work! :D:yahoo:

Fleetwood Diner is being built, sign is already up, on 44th Street just west of Breton. I was driving by so I'm not sure but I think the sign said "coming fall 2006". Anyone know if this is the same as Fleetwood Diner in Ann Arbor?

Don't know if this is much of an update, but I just got an email from GRYP and their April Unwind, which is always the last Thursday of the month, will be at the newly remodeled Monte's. Actually, the email said that the April Unwind would be a "preview" of the newly remodeled Monte's. So, it sounds like they're sticking with the same name at this point, and like it might not be completely finished by the end of April.