Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

Don't know if this is much of an update, but I just got an email from GRYP and their April Unwind, which is always the last Thursday of the month, will be at the newly remodeled Monte's. Actually, the email said that the April Unwind would be a "preview" of the newly remodeled Monte's. So, it sounds like they're sticking with the same name at this point, and like it might not be completely finished by the end of April.

Beat me by 20 minutes :P

Looks like, according to the city commission upcoming agenda, the restaurant going into the building on the sw corner of Louis and Ottawa is going to be owned by Banana Joe's. Not sure if this is the name of the establishment, but they are out of the Kalamazoo area.

Banana Joe's party bus?

Good scoop here. Officials from P.F. Chang's will be in Grand Rapids this weekend looking at locations. Location of interest? "right by" the Amway Grand. I don't know if that means in the Amway, in the J.W., in the viscinity, but they are definitely gunning for a downtown location.

Joe

Good scoop here. Officials from P.F. Chang's will be in Grand Rapids this weekend looking at locations. Location of interest? "right by" the Amway Grand. I don't know if that means in the Amway, in the J.W., in the viscinity, but they are definitely gunning for a downtown location.

Joe

I would expect to see several PF Chang's in GR soon. Word is (from my source) they have signed with the Village of Orchard Hills in GR Township.

I would expect to see several PF Chang's in GR soon. Word is (from my source) they have signed with the Village of Orchard Hills in GR Township.

And we all love our sources lately :P I kid....

I can't wait for more of this caliber option for eating out around town. D/t would be extra sweet.

Joe

How about in that parking ramp going up next to the J dub. Would love to see some ground floor activity there.

Edited by mpchicago

• 2 weeks later...

Where is this located? :huh: Across from Devos Place is the lovely blank wall of calder plaza.

It's on Monroe in the Calder Plaza Building between the building's entrance and the underground parking entrance directly across from the DeVos Hall entrance. The address is probably about 240 Monroe. Just had lunch there and the food was decent. Good value for about $5-7.

dont know if anyone had said anything about this place ( and regretfully it is not downtown :( ) but I went to a place called kansas city dip n grill and it was quite delicious.... my girlfriend and I split the dip combo ($11.99) and couldnt even finish it though we tried very hard. they have tons of dips and they give you pita bread and homemade chips to dip with. highly recommended by me. its on Byron Center by the new hospital in Wyoming

dont know if anyone had said anything about this place ( and regretfully it is not downtown :( ) but I went to a place called kansas city dip n grill and it was quite delicious.... my girlfriend and I split the dip combo ($11.99) and couldnt even finish it though we tried very hard. they have tons of dips and they give you pita bread and homemade chips to dip with. highly recommended by me. its on Byron Center by the new hospital in Wyoming

I reviewed it earlier. I recommend it as well. I still say they should up the prices, refine the atmosphere, and put it downtown. People would love it.