Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

I thought that the Stack had become The Boss Sports Bar and Grill right around Christmas last year, but I'm not sure if it's still around. The Stack definitely didn't last very long, so I'd be surprised if another dance club does. The problem with that location  on Broadway is few barhoppers think to go there. The main areas are Ionia and Bridge and not too many seem to stray from those areas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was some sort of sports bar there.. it too got run into the ground.

Anyone who starts a fourth restaurant there is a glutton for punishment.

What is the scoop on the Post Bar? I drove by one in Novi this weekend and it looked pretty nice. Is it now Woody's Lounge?

GRDad, any progress shots on the building?

Terra Firma, any new happenings with your Anheiser Busch building across the street?

Joe

There was some sort of sports bar there.. it too got run into the ground.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone who starts a fourth restaurant there is a glutton for punishment.

What is the scoop on the Post Bar? I drove by one in Novi this weekend and it looked pretty nice. Is it now Woody's Lounge?

GRDad, any progress shots on the building?

Terra Firma, any new happenings with your Anheiser Busch building across the street?

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drove by today, and it does say Grand Woods Lounge out front. It also looks like they are building a house within a house there :huh: I did not have time to get any shots. Maybe t'morrow.

I should add to this discussion that the Coffee House below my place at 1153 Madison will be open in about 2 weeks. Urban Beanery Cafe. I hope he can be successful. Shannon, the owner has done things right. It looks great in there. Similar fare to the Wealthy Bakery. In fact David La Grand fro the Bakery has been giving Shannon a lot of advice.

That's strange. I thought that was going to be the Post Bar.

Well, the way i understand it, on the East Side, the post is owned by one "owner" who from the sounds of it "licenses" the name to another guy. They wanted to keep "The Post" an east side thing, so the guy ended up changing the name for the one over here. Some legal issues or something. Sorry it's a little generic, my roomie knows the owners of the Posts on the east side and was saying something about it, i was't paying all that much attention.

I heard there was this cool new place called Grand Rapids Brewing Company going up at the SE corner of Bridge Street and Ionia. I found these great renderings:

grand-rapids-etching.jpg

gr-brewing-postcard.jpg

5 brewers are getting together to make this happen. It's time to party like it's 1899!!!! :alc:

http://www.mi-brew.com/breweries/G/grand-r...152g/index.html

Edited by GRDadof3

Is it going to be the same GR Brewing Co. as the one out by Centerpointe? If so, that would be cool. Although I would be forcced to choose between them and founders for beer :D

It actually is the same GR Brewing Company. I found those two old pictures of the old brewery location, which is hard to believe it was where the current State of Michigan bldg is now.