Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

Rumor:

asian cuisine... first floor of Weston Apartments building

I hope it is something different than other "Chinese American" restaurants we have.

Something like a Lao-Cambodian-Burmese medley of a restaurant.

No offense but please something different than Chinese-American food.

Edited by john_denver

• 3 weeks later...

Finally!

Two new stores in Spartan's future

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

By Chris Knape

The Grand Rapids Press

Two new grocery stores owned by Spartan Stores Inc. are expected to anchor major developments being planned along East Beltline Avenue NE and Northland Drive.

The area's first P.F. Chang's China Bistro is the only other tenant announced for the Village.

When did Damons close?

It's been at least a year, I think. I always thought it was funny because the 28th Damon's wen't out first and put, "Closed, Visit us at our 44th street location" on their sign. A little later, that one closed and the sign stayed up. I hope no one drove across town for Damon's. :)

I always thought it was funny because the 28th Damon's wen't out first and put, "Closed, Visit us at our 44th street location" on their sign. A little later, that one closed and the sign stayed up. I hope no one drove across town for Damon's. :)

I think it still says that...

Anyone know why Mangiamo's hasn't moved forward with their bocce ball and life-size chess plans?

I think it still says that...

Anyone know why Mangiamo's hasn't moved forward with their bocce ball and life-size chess plans?

Especially the bocce darnit. The mere thought of playing bocce outside with full bar service is enough to get me over there.

Finally!

The area's first P.F. Chang's China Bistro is the only other tenant announced for the Village.

:yahoo: I've been waiting! I recenlty found that there's a PF Chang's in the East Lansing area - I found it hard to believe that they had one and we didn't! Before that, had to be in Chicago.

I don't get what the big deal is about PF Changs. Ya, it's good, but there's better.

:lol: I was just about to say the same thing. It's just an expensive chain Chinese restaurant, isn't it? I'm all about great food at "rock bottom prices", usually owned by a small business owner.

absolutely not. it's gourmet.

Gourmet Asian-American fusion right? Last time I ate there (several years ago) it wasn't just chinese food, but Asian-influenced food.

At any rate, it's still just another chain restaurant (albeit better than Famous O'Chileebee's Roadhouse). If you want great Asian fusion and you find yoruself in the area, I highly recommend the Chin-Chin Bistro in Mattawan (10 miles west of Kalamazoo).

I had 2 outstanding meals there and the prices weren't too bad either.

Gourmet Asian-American fusion right? Last time I ate there (several years ago) it wasn't just chinese food, but Asian-influenced food.

At any rate, it's still just another chain restaurant (albeit better than Famous O'Chileebee's Roadhouse). If you want great Asian fusion and you find yoruself in the area, I highly recommend the Chin-Chin Bistro in Mattawan (10 miles west of Kalamazoo).

I had 2 outstanding meals there and the prices weren't too bad either.

:(

oh..... i work at logans roadhouse