Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

:(

oh..... i work at logans roadhouse

Is that the place with the peanut shells all over the friggin floor and paper tablecloths you can write on? :rolleyes: That kind of kitchy stuff only works when it's a real pub (like Gardella's).

I guess you have to make money somehow while you're in college, eh?

Is that the place with the peanut shells all over the friggin floor and paper tablecloths you can write on? :rolleyes: That kind of kitchy stuff only works when it's a real pub (like Gardella's).

Logan's Roadhouse does have peanuts. Gardella's does not. I think you're thinking of O'Tooles (peanuts and tables with people's names carved in them).

Or the now closed Lone Star Steak house on 28th a click West of K'zoo Ave. It was a total mess. They played Southeastern country music and faked the wall memorabilia. I went there a few times and considered the price to be a little high, but like Texas the portions were pretty manly. I took the peanut pale they put out at each table. One of their hos kindly asked me to leave the tin and just take the peanuts in tinfoil. They wraped the foil in the shape of bull horns.

Edited by Rizzo

i will say this.... Logans uses only fresh food, nothing from GFS or any other supplier. (they also buy more peanuts than any other entity in the world) :shok: thats a s*** ton of peanuts

i will say this.... Logans uses only fresh food, nothing from GFS or any other supplier. (they also buy more peanuts than any other entity in the world) :shok: thats a s*** ton of peanuts

So where do they get their ketchup?

I think most restaurants either use a food-service (GFS/Sysco/et. al.) or they're such a big chain they are the food service (McDonald's and friends).

Thongs are ment for boyfriends in the bedroom.... not to be shown around waiting tables -- you is a ho.

^^^We buy exclusive through our food distributor : Reinhart - Detroit. http://www.reinhartfoodservice.com. If you consider growing food at the point of consumption, nothings fresh anymore... I'd rather we purchase our goods and products through a local distributor. But, of course our lawyer friends in corporate contracted our service to the Detroit plant.

Edited by Rizzo

Logan's Roadhouse does have peanuts. Gardella's does not. I think you're thinking of O'Tooles (peanuts and tables with people's names carved in them).

Gardella's used to do the "throw your peanut scraps on the floor" bit. I guess I haven't been there in a long time.

Surprisingly, looks like the Beer Nerd group scooped the UP-ers (yoopers?) on this one. There's supposedly a sign up stating that an Old Chicago is coming to GR, the Beltline @ 28th St.

This one was first mentioned in March:

Anyone know when Old Chicago is supposed to open on 28th-E. Beltline? They have an excellent "World Beer Tour" promotion. You drink their selection of beers (100+), earning rewards and trying beers from all over. Only downside is the limit of 4 different beers a day . . . :P Food's not TOO bad - good pizza, but beer is def. the draw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...